Non paying buyers WHY can't money be taken from their pay pal a/c to pay for items they bid and won

it is okay for pay pal to refund buyers from our a/c

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Non paying buyers WHY can't money be taken from their pay pal a/c to pay for items they bid and won

lolobgo
Community Member

If that happened,

My guess would be most non-paying buyers that have money taken out of their paypal accounts would probably make up some BS excuse to return it, eg, it's not as described.... 

and i don't think you HAVE to have paypal to bid on items either.... i think you just have to confirm your address / maybe a phone number to bid. So that wouldn't work either.... 

but i like the idea of it! 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is illegal for paypal to take money from anyone's account without authorisation.  As a seller you have authorised paypal to access your funds for refunds, fees etc but a buyer does not do that.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

When a new member signs up they should have to pay a fee like $20 or $50 and if they get a non paying dispute opened a portion of that payment goes to the seller if it is closed as unpaid.

If the buyer does not have any issues after a set time that payment is refunded.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

But that is penalising good buyers because the minority don't follow the rules.  Rule breakers tend not to worry about things like that but it will turn the good buyers away and the site will be even worse than it is now for non-payers.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Yes I agree .. I have several ID's and increasingly over the past few months buyer after buyer refuse to pay or respond therefore my items are on hold untill the process runs its course. Non paying buyers need to be held accountable with the same actions sellers are. These new codes of practise ebay and paypal have implemented are giving buyers free licence to misbehave.   

mouse trap.jpg

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Lyndal it is like locking your doors, it only keeps the honest people out so if a buyer is genuine there is no penalising if they do the right thing and it gives them the option to not join if it is only to do the wrong thing and do not want to lose money.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

What happens when a buyer comes here after having second thoughts and we all yell DON'T PAY, it's a scam?

Should they then be penalised for being sensible (eventually) unless they can spend a lot of time proving the deal was a bummer and they would have been nuts to pay anything.

Non payers are just something you have to deal with and build into your business model. A non payment dispute takes 8 days and you get your fees back so as long as you have your blocks in place and go through with the disputes you shouldn't have too many.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

A scam seller is not going to open disputes for the buyer to forfeit their holding payment and I am sure and if a buyer came here asking if a purchase was a scam and listing was reported to ebay then ebay would cancel the sale and no non payment recorded for the buyer.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Easiest to open UPI dispute day 4, close on day 8. Seller Fees refunded almost immediately after closing. (it does say fees will be refunded up to 24 hours are closing the UPI, but I did one recently and the fees were refunded instantly).

Saves wasting time and thought on NPB'ers.

There is a buy-it-now option that requires immediate payment isn't there? 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply