Not allowed to leave feedback for a serial non-payer

It's just not fair when eBay does not allow me to leave feedback for a non-payer - of two of his purchases one is a Green with a 'non-payer' note but he's still rated at 100 positive.

I had a second bidder but by the time I waited for the 'unpaid item' dispute to run it's course I've lost that  bidder too!

Can anyone explain to me why eBay is allowing this ridiculous anomaly - protecting these serial non-payers, still rated at 100% positive, while they cause problems and expense to honest sellers?

"Sorry, it's not possible to leave feedback for this transaction.
Feedback has been disabled because payment was not recorded."

I've been paying insertion fees on that rather unusual style/sized item on for a year and now I'm still stuck with it!

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

If you have gone through the UI case, they will have strikes added and many sellers now have their blocks in place to block anyone with 2 or more strikes.

Suggest you do the same if you haven't.

Hover over account tab, select site preferences, scroll to buyer requirements, click show and edit and set blocks.

There is also a link to your BBL, so add them to that as well.

image host
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Too many non-payers are simply laughing at the feedback system which is totally in favour of "buyers". Blocks serve a temporary purpose (so do unpaid item reports) but sellers should be able to see the background of those they are dealing with. Buyers do not pay the fees..SELLERS do and they should be protected much more than they are.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

sellers should be able to see the background of those they are dealing with. 

which will enable you to do what about it? Wont stop them buying or not paying.

Leaving negs for buyers incites aggro, paybacks, tit for tat. Reduces likelihood of buyers leaving honest negative feedback for poor or bully sellers, hence poor sellers undeservedly keep high ratings.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Do you really believe that poor sellers outweigh rogue buyers?...the wheel appears to have turned in recent years. My personal opinion is that EVERYONE -buyer or seller is entitled to leave honest feedback. If eBay monitered the feedback system properly the "aggro" might not happen as frequently as it does. Buyers should be held accountable just as sellers should be.

If a seller is a "bully" they should be reported through the appropriate channels....so should a "BUYER".

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Sellers pay the fees, not Buyers, so I agree we should be looked after better...the anomaly is quite disgraceful!

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Sellers pay the fees, not Buyers,

Do you mean that you do not add the fees to the item?  In that case you must be losing heaps of money.  🙂  In reality, it is the buyer who pays all the costs.  Just like when we buy in B&M store; in the price of the item are incorporated all the costs = rent, staff wages, power bills etc. plus profit margins.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

one is a Green with a 'non-payer' note

Which has, incidentally, given him another star.

Will sellers never learn - NPB people, NPB

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

of two of his purchases one is a Green with a 'non-payer' note but he's still rated at 100 positive

Just curious as to how this makes them a serial non-payer-your words.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

I've put it in writing to eBay, as late as this year, to have a negative applied to a buyer's feedback AUTOMATICALLY if they receive a non-payment strike. SILENCE.... no response. Not even a courteous acknowledgement and definitely no reply one way or the other. I stated to them that sellers and other buyers have no immediate indicator. By the sheer fact of a feedback rating showing 100% for a person with hidden strikes (hidden because they do not show in your face like the feedback percentage does) is nothing short of misleading and deceptive conduct under the Australian Consumer Act. A person with a dismal paying record should not ever have a 100% positive feedback rating!! It's just down right deceptive and gives a false impression of the buyer and most likely can lull a seller into a false sense of security.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply