Not being allowed to list even though my fees are below $40 and not due for a week.

Has something changed? My current fees owed are $37, not due for a few days yet when I try to list something I am being directed to select an automatic payment option before I can proceed.

I have always paid my fees using one time payment and have never had issues before. Have they lowered the threshold, or is this a stunt to force everyone into auto payments henceforth?

I've just spent a mind numbing two hours trying to upload this listing onto a computer that keeps freezing so this last hurdle is making my head explode.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Not being allowed to list even though my fees are below $40 and not due for a week.

I won't miss the surge of anxiety though, that I used to get when I would wake up in the morning to find notifications from eBay that they have turned on best offer on random listings to help me sell. Who came up with that idea? So annoying.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Re: Not being allowed to list even though my fees are below $40 and not due for a week.

Thankfully they have stopped adding best offer to my listings. However, when they did, I would remove it, and they'd put it back. So, if the listing was for say $40, I'd put auto accept at $39.99 and auto reject at $39.95. It worked!

As for the auto payments, I'd seriously just set up for auto PayPal payments, but still do what you're doing now. If you're fees are paid before the due date, they aren't going to take anything from PayPal. If you pay even before you receive the invoice, then your invoice will say that you owe $0.00 and no payment required.

It's not worth giving up because eBay are being idiots.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

After going full Karen on the live chat with an eBay rep on Wednesday, I ended up taking my entire inventory to Facebook marketplace yesterday and by today have sold through about 75%. I'm going to look at this as eBay finally giving me the incentive to move on to selling alternatives.

EBay just for buying from now on, when necessary.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply