Not being paid for item that has been sold.

lefle-74
Community Member

D148A28B-A176-4AD2-B921-37D4758B4C85.png

9F22EA4C-F523-4AB7-A51D-970658BDF073.jpeg

782AF673-8B53-4CF9-A65C-A47184627432.jpeg

I recently sold an item on eBay for $270 (including shipping), everything went well until I forgot to link my debit card to my unverified PayPal account. I’ve contacted PayPal and they have said to contact eBay since they can’t find any record of transaction (even though PayPal sent a email about it). eBay payment holds says that it will be released in 24 hours (been saying that for one week now). What do I do?

Note: I have checked activity on all my PayPal accounts with none of them having activity.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Not being paid for item that has been sold.

Linking your debit card and / or bank account shouldn't have any bearing on this - verifying with a bank account will mean you can withdraw the funds to a bank account, but shouldn't affect whether you can receive, see, and / or hold a balance in the first place.

If PayPal has sent payment notifications and there's a transaction ID, their very common "game" of 'it's not us, it's eBay' (the converse of which eBay also like to play, i.e. then you go back to eBay and they say 'not us, it's PayPal) , seems like a cop out to me. A transaction ID = payment is traceable to origin source, IMHO. 

I mean, you could verify your account and see if that makes a difference, but if neither PayPal nor eBay give you any acceptable answers, you can file a complaint (against PayPal) with AFCA here:

https://www.afca.org.au/

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply