OEM

1955howie
Community Member
Hi all
I have gotten lost trying to respond to my sale being pulled
If I sell brand new never used OEM software from my stock do I have to offer it with essential hardware? It seems a bit rough on the purchaser that I have to convert a new item into a used item
I tried to email a query but think my contact did not go any where
Dies any one here know anything to help clarify the situation. In good faith I refunded the purchaser apologized and explained the situation
Bless ya
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

OEM

I found this -

You have to sell OEM software with a complete computer system. The cable selling ext was part a loophole that was closed sometime ago. So anyone selling OEM software without a system, and without MS's permission, is doing so illegally.

You mention "reputable online stores" selling OEM software without hardware. They are not under the standard OEM license. Large companies can and do make their own agreements with MS.

It is likely the manufacturer of your product that has asked ebay to pull any listings, not being an authorized re-seller.

image host
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

OEM

You cannot sell OEM software without the original equipment it was installed on, doesn't matter if it is old or new.

If you sell Microsoft OEM software without the original system and the buyer reports you to Microsoft then you will have more than ebay to worry about.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply