Ok, why when i have opted for people with no feedback being able to bid on my items allowed ?

Ok, have a quick question, have put a few auctions up this week vs a buy it now price and just had to double check my listings, seems when i have listed i have put these requirements on the listing, just checked and i have one bidder who joined eBay the 25/03/2014 has put 2 huge massive unbelivable bids on items and has a feedback score of a big 0. Is this right and how can this happen and can anybody explain how i should go about this

Buyer requirements  Buyer requirements help

Block buyers who:
  • Have received 2 unpaid item strike(s) within 1 month(s)
  • Have 4 policy violation report(s) within 1 month(s)
  • Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1
  • Have a feedback score of 2 or lower and haven't gone through phone verification  Help on Phone verification
  • Have bid on or bought my items in the last 10 days and have met my limit of 10 and who have a feedback score of 2 or lower  Help on Feedback score
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Ok, why when i have opted for people with no feedback being able to bid on my items allowed ?

because you haven't actually blocked any bidder with 0 feedback who has undergone phone verification?

If you don't like your bidder, just cancel the bids and block them.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

It definitely sounds suss, doesn't it.

But if you let it go & they win the auction, there is an outside, remote chance they might pay.

If they don't, then you would be best to put in an unpaid item dispute on day 4 and follow through with strikes and that should see them blocked from buying in future from an awful lot of sellers, including yourself.. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Block buyers who:
  • Have received 2 unpaid item strike(s) within 1 month(s)
  • Have 4 policy violation report(s) within 1 month(s)
  • Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1
  • Have a feedback score of 2 or lower and haven't gone through phone verification  Help on Phone verification
  • Have bid on or bought my items in the last 10 days and have met my limit of 10 and who have a feedback score of 2 or lower  Help on Feedback score

Change the first one (unpaid strike) to 6 or 12 months

the phone verifiation doesn't apply if they have a paypal account if you read the fine print.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

But also make sure you tick the "Apply current settings to active and future listings".  

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Despite having blocks set, I still get 0 feedback buyers. It means they have gone through phone verification, so the blocks don't apply to them. I've never had any problems with 0 feedback buyers not paying. They are usually trying to make a good impression so pay pretty much straight away. Even when they've bid on a few things and I send a message saying not to pay until they have finished buying, they still pay for each purchase as they win it. It's the higher feedback buyers I have most issues with.

That buyer appears to only have bid on 2 of your items. If they were bidding on a gazillion other items from other sellers I might be a bit worried. I'd also be worried if you were selling phones or ipads, they are a target for scammers. Of course we can never predict an outcome, but I'd say there's a reasonable chance they are genuine. We all had to start with 0 feedback.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

well if you say they are huge bids what about the 2nd highest bidder  is that not huge anyway, even though on te first article he has put in a couple of more bids on top ,that is normal buyers try to scare other buyers away,all i can say is wow great prices

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

You can get THAT MUCH for an EMPTY Bundy Bottle.  Wow!!!!!!!  Smiley Surprised

I've got a FULL bottle of Japanese Sake that is over 50 years old.  How much is that worth?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I get my fair share of zeroes and single-figure eBayers too, and while most of them do pay either immediately or after a day or three, unfortunately my last zero was a non-paying, non-responding waste of time who now has to do that just once more to someone else in order to be eradicated from just about everyone's listings (the second non-payment strike). Their feedback is now at 2, but I'm sure the transaction count would be closer to 20, if not more, but since us sellers can't leave a negative feedback for a time-waster, their feedback score stays low yet remains at 100% (or 0% for a new account with zero feedback). They don't deserve to "level up" with a positive feedback when the experience was anything but positive (and negative comments inside a positive feedback is not allowed on eBay anyway). The second option being "I'll Leave Feedback Later" really isn't enough for these people.

Usually the non-payers (who are usually quite experienced with eBay and have been banned/blocked a hundred times before) stick out like a sore thumb, for example, having a fully operational, fully verified PayPal account but their eBay account is ten minutes old. From my experience, most zero feedback people have waited for a month or so before making their first buy, and most of the time it's through PayPal and they pay straight away.

I had a rocky start as a zero on eBay back in 2012 (yes, my account sat "read-only" for nearly a decade), having bought a $10 Game Boy game, waited close to a month for it to travel from Queensland to Victoria, and nothing arrived. The game was sent as regular mail, being how small it was, and tracking/signature wasn't included. I was fortunate enough to have a caring seller who refunded me (back when it wasn't automatic or required), rather than one who decided to keep the money and attack me with kind four-letter words for being a n00b and a scam artist etc.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

hey beaut  i think i nhave a full bottle bundy I think i might empty it in another bottle and sell it empty lol

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply