Once you give me my refund THEN I WILL GIVE YOU A + fb?

ohlalawigs
Community Member

This lady puchased a wig. Gave me a list of why she didn't want it and demanded her money back.

Then said. Once you give me my money back I will give you a positive feedback.

Can they intimidate like that?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Its very borderline

Here is the policy:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

It does state;

Not Feedback Extortion

“The item isn’t as described; if you don’t replace it I will leave you negative feedback.”

Is the item not as described or has the buyer just changed their mind?

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

If it is change of mind then ask them to return to you and till it is returned in the condition it was sent no refund would be issued.

If she leaves a neg then contact ebay and ask them to view the messages and they MIGHT remove the feedback.

But are you aware this is the Australian boards not the US boards?

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

ohlalawigs
Community Member

No for some reason my computer keeps shifting to Australia lol.  Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I think it's a buyer remorce but....? I will check out the extortion page. THANKS  😃

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I had a similar case. The buyer demanded I pay the return postage or they would leave a Neg. I lodged a feedback extortion case  based on the fact that return postage was not listed in item description and as such, the buyer was asking for a service not included in the sale. Ebay upheld my claim, blocking the buyers feedback and sanctioning their account. If I get a buyer who politly asks to return an item for any reason, I just give them their money back. They cant see the item until it arrives and misunderstandings can occur. I sleep better at night and have happy customers. If it costs me the post one way it is just one of the costs of doing business on Ebay. Don't get me wrong, I don't accept carp from unreasonable buyers, but bend over backwards to assist the huge majority of good ones.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I cannot see it as an intimidation; she is not threatening you.  OK, she is not happy with the wig; some people would NEG you even if you refund, she says she wants a refund and will leave you + FB.  She could just open PP case.  

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

alligator_snapping_turtle
Community Member

The truth is it does not matter what the buyer is "allowed" to do. Ebay "lets" them do pretty much whatever they like. You have to face the facts now days that if you sell on Ebay you are at the mercy of buyers. Even the dishonest ones. I just had a buyer contact me several weeks after buying an item. They have demanded a refund for a $100 item that they dropped and broke. I still have to refund and there is nothing that I can do.

"BITE ME!"
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

The truth is it does not matter what the buyer is "allowed" to do. Ebay "lets" them do pretty much whatever they like. You have to face the facts now days that if you sell on Ebay you are at the mercy of buyers. Even the dishonest ones. I just had a buyer contact me several weeks after buying an item. They have demanded a refund for a $100 item that they dropped and broke. I still have to refund and there is nothing that I can do.

Why on earth must you refund for their fault?

If they open a dispute, provide paypal with the details and I am pretty sure you would win, or is this the reason you feel you have no choice? if the buyer has returned the item and it is obvious they broke it, then fight it, there is no way I would crumble under demands like that.  

Why would you allow a buyer to intimidate you into handing over $100 for nothing?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

"Can they intimidate like that?"

No they cant , Your not Bunnings , I havent looked at your listings  , but just have a Returns Policy , ie 7 days  , or No Returns accepted and state clearly in your listing.

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Shypansy-to answer your question. what if the item was listed as unbreakable? Of course they would then be entitled to a refund. Not saying it was just, an example.

Picker. Returns must be excepted regardless of what you put in your returns policy. By law in Australia a buyer is entitled to a refund/exchange if the goods are found faulty, not fit for purpose or not as described this includes items bought AT AUCTION. The law also says a reasonable timeframe must be given. With that....what if a buyer bought a suitcase? doesn't go holidays for 6 months and gets to try out the item. YES they are still entitled to a refund because you can not expect the buyer to know if the item was faulty until after it was used.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply