Onselling on Facebook when your item has just been listed?

Someone alerted me to the fact that someone was selling our items on facebook and their website for twice the price. I took a look and they were using our photos and stories without asking our permission (keeping the handmade bit  but deleting connydeylen). And then I realized they were listing them as soon as we started an auction. They waited  and as soon as one of their customers showed interest they placed a bid. This person claims to be a Physchic and her customer base is basically people who have recently lost a loved one. I am absolutely seething and have blocked them as bidders. But are there otherways to put this con artist out of action?

Message 1 of 124
Latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

Re: Onselling on Facebook when your item has just been listed?

the ebay watermarks are not good enough they put a little name down in the bottom corner of the picture anyone can just crop that off. You need it across the item.
Message 21 of 124
Latest reply

Love your items by the way. Fab pics too. Nicely done.

We have a number of return customers who buy quite a lot from us and then resell at markets or Facebook or wherever.

Sometimes they onsell the items directly and others use our items to embellish their own creations.

We almost fall over ourselves to help them sell by providing pictures or whatever we can to help them sell more. Including that we will give them special bulk order prices depending on the qty they buy from us.

We look at it like if they are making money so are we.

Message 22 of 124
Latest reply

I would send her a msg via fabebook that yourself & many others are aware that her photos etc have been stolen from you and if she doesn't delete them immediately, further legal action will follow. ( just put the wind up her )

Message 23 of 124
Latest reply

^^^^6

The only thing I would put on facebook is my own ad.... above my ebay pricepoint but below the buyers (AKA the onseller)

facebook price and merrily sell away to whoever wanted to purchase my products wherever and whe4never they wanted to.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 24 of 124
Latest reply

Just another thought.....  has your buyer purchased recently enough to be able to leave retaliatory neg feedback if you threaten legal action? 

Message 25 of 124
Latest reply

Watermark your pictures, block the buyer end of story.

Message 26 of 124
Latest reply

Fantastic idea.  A very creative way to get revenge on the onseller.

Message 27 of 124
Latest reply

Fantastic idea. THe seller had an issue which I've simply solved!

Message 28 of 124
Latest reply

Nobody should be using pics they do not have permission to use, if the on seller is a member of a selling group on facebook contact the mod and tell them you own the copyright to the pics and you want them taken down immediately.

Having said that there is absolutely no reason why the buyer cannot resell the items where ever or for how much they want, what does it matter to you? Once you have sold the item it belongs to the buyer to do with whatever they want, They are not making any false claims by saying they are hand made (unless the OP is telling porkies) as long as they don't claim they made them.

A sale is a sale, I don't care what a buyer does with my items once they have bought them.

If the reseller is on selling at a profit then why not just increase your prices as obviously the market can take it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 29 of 124
Latest reply

@connydeylen wrote:

Someone alerted me to the fact that someone was selling our items on facebook and their website for twice the price. I took a look and they were using our photos and stories without asking our permission (keeping the handmade bit  but deleting connydeylen). And then I realized they were listing them as soon as we started an auction. They waited  and as soon as one of their customers showed interest they placed a bid. This person claims to be a Physchic and her customer base is basically people who have recently lost a loved one. I am absolutely seething and have blocked them as bidders. But are there otherways to put this con artist out of action?

Okay, you need to get some sort of cloth labels made up.  I would be sewing them flat somewhere on the back of the body or leg, not folded and sticking out from a seam.  They would need to be tiny, but just with something like 'Handmade by....'

Or perhaps you can get an indelible fabric marker and sign them, that would be even better.

It's not that they are on-selling them, but claiming them as their own creations, that is the problem that needs to be addressed.  

Once you have them signed for selling, you can contact the offender, and tell them you are aware of what they are doing.  And ask them to please write their own descriptions. Who knows, you may establish another good selling outlet.

Message 30 of 124
Latest reply