Ooo this photo uploader makes me mad!!!

So I'm obviously making use of the 200 free listings Ebay has handed out for this weekend.  But I'm just wondering if anyone knows any little tricks to uploading 6+ photos at a time.  So often 6 out of 7 of my photos upload and 1 will fail.  I can never seem to just remove the one photo that failed, it always forces me to cancel then I have to go through the whole process again, which can get fairly time consuming becuase my camera isn't the best camera so I always have to manually adjust the brightness and contrast so the colors  look true to the item (thats of course when auto exposure just makes it look like totally the wrong color or tone or whatever, Ive found it's more exact if I adjust the photo manually) 

So my main question is how can I scrap the one (or 2) failed uploads and still keep the successful uploads, or if you have any other photo uploading advice that would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance Woman Happy

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

5kazam
Community Member

The first thing to do is 'delete browsing history'.  Apparently every time you log in to eBay and create a listing (or place bids or whatever) the eBay site 'remembers' it in your browsing history - which eventually gets a bit clogged up.  Deleting the browsing history frees everything up again.  Then if you do have any upload failures, wait till it says 'finished', and you should find that, say 5 of your 7 photos are uploaded.  Remove the failed ones and re-upload.  I will say that I have found this won't work if you are only uploading 2 or 3 pics - it is a definite restart then.  The above has been written because of previously experiencing what you are going through.  BTW delete your browsing history on a regular basis - and especially when you get an upload fail.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You could browse one and upload immediately, then browse another and upload.

That may be faster than having to retry all again.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah I've done that in the past and it seems to work but I guess I'm just trying to save time.  There can be a fair bit of work involved in selling clothes, and the return is fairly minimal on some items, on others though it can be great. For me it's not just about taking the photo and uploading it.  I want my stuff to look presentable so sometimes I need to wash, dry, iron, mend (certain items need a stitch here and there) then set it up for the photo some items look better on a manquin others look better laid out some look better on a hanger and you often dont know until you've taken the shot and had a look.

And it has made a liar of me, the next item I listed allowed me to remove the unsuccessful upload, lol. It's doing it to spite me cos I keep cursing it all the time Woman Embarassed

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

The first thing to do is 'delete browsing history'.  Apparently every time you log in to eBay and create a listing (or place bids or whatever) the eBay site 'remembers' it in your browsing history - which eventually gets a bit clogged up.  Deleting the browsing history frees everything up again.  Then if you do have any upload failures, wait till it says 'finished', and you should find that, say 5 of your 7 photos are uploaded.  Remove the failed ones and re-upload.  I will say that I have found this won't work if you are only uploading 2 or 3 pics - it is a definite restart then.  The above has been written because of previously experiencing what you are going through.  BTW delete your browsing history on a regular basis - and especially when you get an upload fail.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Try a different browser ?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Oh great, thanks so much I will try that and see how it goes. Cos what happens alot is they never actually get to that "finished" stage, it's like it gets "caught in a loop" or something like that, the little upload icon is spinning but nuttins happenin' lol must be this "cloggage" you speak of.

Apart from that one time yesterday when it actually let me remove the unsuccessful one....
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I reckon its worth a shot.

As soon as the loop thing happens, you can pretty much bank on that it is a browser issue.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Deleting the browser history worked an absolute treat Woman Very Happy They even uploaded heaps quicker too.  

Why have I only just started posting here? You guys are awesome!!! Thanks so much for helping solve my problem.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Glad to have been of help. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply