Opening an Ebay store - changeover to BIN question

Hi

I am currently listing around 50 auction items with 100s more to list so I am contemplating opening a store and changing everything to BIN status.

My question is...will my existing auction-style listings be able to be changed to BIN as part of the set up process?

Or, should I delist these 50 items before I set up the store?

I am trying to avoid paying the fees on auction style items that are part of the basic store package.

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Just be careful ending auctions early ..... I remember reading somewhere that there is a penalty now for doing this.  Let them run their course, and re-list if needed as BIN.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

@prog1607 wrote:

Hi

I am currently listing around 50 auction items with 100s more to list so I am contemplating opening a store and changing everything to BIN status.

My question is...will my existing auction-style listings be able to be changed to BIN as part of the set up process?

Or, should I delist these 50 items before I set up the store?

I am trying to avoid paying the fees on auction style items that are part of the basic store package.

Thanks

it's a bit early for me - so jump in if I'm wrong, but if you have already listed auction items there is no advantage in ending them.   They cannot be changed to BINs and you have already been charged the listing fees.

I don't understand "auction style items that are part of the basic store package"???    If you have a basic store,  you only get BIN fee listings not auctions.

So you can choose to be a basic store now - let the existing auctions run their course - and if they don't sell change them to BIN when relisting.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks - I have the answers I need. Much appreciated!!

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

When i opened my store i had around 100 auctions still running with the "relist 3 times" box still ticked

All those auctions ran their course over the next 20 or so days (with the autorelist) and it cost me no more money

No need to be alarmed

The only think you need to make sure of is you dont have them set up with the paid autorelist option as you will have to pay for them when they relist as auctions are not part of your 200 free listings per month

make sure that you change all of your auctions to fixed price before you manually relist them again

Also your currently listed items will not appear in your store until you either create and assign them into store categories, or when you relist them again they will automatically go into an "other" category in your store

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@sueken4812 wrote:

Just be careful ending auctions early ..... I remember reading somewhere that there is a penalty now for doing this.  Let them run their course, and re-list if needed as BIN.

Oh carp, really? I ended 2 items a couple of days ago. One got broken and one of my pet sheep chewed the other, making them both not suitable for sale. Do you know what the penalty is?

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

It will probably be a defect for each item.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

We get defects for ending an item early now?!

I just did that earlier today 'cos i uploaded some better pics on a jacket.It uploaded weird,just showing the pic numbers as they were uploading & wouldn't let me rotate them.

There were no bidders,no-one cared.My reason was error in the listing.

I think i shall die of apoplexy if there is a new defect on my dashboard.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Narelle, below are the reasons that a cancelled listing or transaction will cop a defect.

I hope you don't score a defect as I'd really hate to see you (or anybody else) die from apoplexy. 🙂

screenshot-www sps ebay com au 2014-07-25 03-14-01.jpeg

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Oh good,but who knows since eBay policies & decisions seem to be all over the shop these days.

I had a look at the dreaded dashboard & i have a new orange flag notice about Global ratings.No new defects though.

Seems like they are going to make sure that everyone is defective soon.If all their sellers are defective then i don't see how it makes the eBay look good either.

Too tired for apoplexy so nightmares will have to suffice.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply