Opening an Ebay store - changeover to BIN question

Hi

I am currently listing around 50 auction items with 100s more to list so I am contemplating opening a store and changing everything to BIN status.

My question is...will my existing auction-style listings be able to be changed to BIN as part of the set up process?

Or, should I delist these 50 items before I set up the store?

I am trying to avoid paying the fees on auction style items that are part of the basic store package.

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

If I didn't know any better I'd suggest that eBay are setting up their sellers to fail. At the very least they appear to have become very reluctant to reward exceptional sellers yet very quick indeed to punish those sellers who may have scored defects through no fault of their own. And now, to make matters worse, it eventuates that eBay's own slightly discounted postage does not qualify for Paypal Seller Protection, despite the fact that payment and lodgement of same through Australia Post does. What the hell has happened to this place?
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:

Narelle, below are the reasons that a cancelled listing or transaction will cop a defect.

I hope you don't score a defect as I'd really hate to see you (or anybody else) die from apoplexy. 🙂

screenshot-www sps ebay com au 2014-07-25 03-14-01.jpeg

I didn't cancel a transaction, I ended 2 listings early (with no watchers, no bidders and only 2 page views each) because they became unsaleable due to the reasons mentioned. If I cop a defect for that (which I haven't yet), I'll be pretty miffed. Things get broken, what do they expect? Do they want you to still have the broken item listed so a potential buyer can leave a red dot, therefore giving you another defect? Sounds like they're not happy unless all sellers are defective!

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

There's nothing here about copping a defect for ending a listing early, but we all know that doesn't mean a thing!!

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/questions/endlist-now.html

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Cancelling or ending a listing and cancelling a transaction are two completely different actions and according to everything I've read on the subject, ending a listing does not qualify you for a defect. Of course, as you suggest, what eBay say and what happens in the real world are entirely different things.
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply