Optiseller is it totally necessary to download it?

I just received this email

Action Required: Your Listings are At Risk

It says I only have til 30th september to fix a few listings..out of 40 that I already have atm.

There is a field saying I can download optiseller for a 3month free period.

I dont know do I even require it.

I have done alright without this "Optiseller" so far.

Is it an option or a requirement?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

No it's not necessary. Just download the list of item specifics from that email and check which items you have in the listed categories then make sure you have included any required item specifics.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SU19-2/Item-Specifics-Requirement-Update

Here is the link to more info about what is happening.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I got the email saying that I have to fix 18 listings out of my 2000+, how to I figure out which listings I have to fix? The item specifics list is just a list of everything. Why are eBay making this so difficult, why can’t they simply tell you which listings you have to fix?
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

You can just leave them, it won't penalise you. You'll just have to add the required specifics to new listings or when you revise any of the current ones.

You could also just do a bulk edit of your active listings and the bulk listing tool will throw up an error on the ones you don't have the required specifics for.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I did live chat with ebay yesterday and asked how I could tell out of my approx 500 listings (on two ids) which 2 on each id needed updating.  they said there would be a further email to follow with details of which listings

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for the update.

Wondering the same thing- so will look forward to notice which of our listings that need fixing.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

further to my earlier post (as onekiwi0 above) I rang ebay back as no email received identifying which items needed updating by today 30 sept.  It seems ebay help also need to wade through the categories related to find the appropriate listings (unsuccessfully).  having over 500 comibned listings I did look some up but is a needle in a few haystacks.

they highly encouraged and kept asking me to install optiseller.  its free for the first month and then you can unsubcribe.  I repeatedly said no.  Ebay have not said it is compulsory and I'm not interested in another programme.

ebay help also said it was a system generated message and they would fwd the issue to management as they cannot help members with the enquiry other than encourage membership to optiseller.

**what they did say is your listing will not be removed, but they will be hidden and not searchable.  well thats not much use and hardly encouraging to use ebay!!!

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I just asked the same question, and was told that if I wanted to know which listings are affected, I'll just have to sign up for Optiseller. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I just received this:

Mandate Extended to 15 October
Last week we emailed you about updating your listings with required Item Specifics. We've received your questions, calls, and comments and wanted to provide you with the tools you need to ensure your listings are compliant.

We've also extended our mandate to 15 October to give you more time to update your listings.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply