Order to be shipped by date

xbazzax
Community Member

Is there any way to see when an order needs to be shipped by?

All I can see is the Checkout date and payment dates, I know roughly what lead times I have on my products but it would be nice to be able to see the date range.

Thank you

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Order to be shipped by date

Do you use Selling Manager Pro?

You can customise your Sold section to include a column to show Days awaiting shipment.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Under the postage tab in the listing it should say what the sellers handling time is. That time is in business days. So, if you bought on Friday and they have a 2 day handling time, then they still haven't broken their agreement if they don't post until Tuesday.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Do you use Selling Manager Pro?

You can customise your Sold section to include a column to show Days awaiting shipment.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Presumably because it's most people's payday I seem to get most of my sales on Friday evenings which is very annoying, as I have a one-day handling time advertised in my listings, yet there's no point posting anything ordered on a Friday evening until late Sunday afternoon to catch the 6pm mail-box pickup. Even if I took it to the PO on Saturday morning it's still going to sit there until Monday morning anyway, so I'm far better off with the 6pm Sunday pickup instead, as most local letters are delivered by Tuesday, and I've even had some delivered as early as Monday.

I don't post any earlier than that because it has been known for ratbags to set fire to mail-boxes over the weekend, which is why I leave it until late Sunday afternoon before posting my large letters. I know it's meant to be taken as business days, yet I'm still a bit worried that I'm going to have me postage DSRs pinged by those who may not receive their items until Wednesday or Thursday, or perhaps even Friday of the following week, depending upon where they live.

I think I'm going to be changing my handling time to 2 or even 3 days from now on, as I'm no longer convinced that advertising 1 day handling makes any difference to my sales, and eBay's estimated delivery times would also be extended quite considerably as a result. There'd also be far less likelihood of being defected on my posting times, too.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Since 99.9% of our items are by large letter we drop them into our local red street box. It is emptied after 5pm. Used to be 6pm.

So we never drop them in there until about half an hour before clearance time so they don't sit in there and bake in the hot QLD sun and so that the "ratbags" have far less time to set fire to the box or pour coke or something vile into the slot.

We went to drop our mail off one day and the entire red box (concrete pad and all) was laying on its side in the kerb. Had it rained then it would have filled with water from the gutter. We found an alternative one that day.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

It's bad enough that we have to deal with dodgy sellers and buyers but what's the world coming to when we can't even entrust our mail to the purported safety of a street pillar box without the dregs of society doing their best to make our lives a misery?

Fortunately I live near my local LPO and the nearest posting box is in the very same centre, so needless to say I only ever put my mail into it very late on Sundays when I'm unable to take my large letters into the PO itself.

I've spoken with the fellow who collects the mail, and I know for a fact that more often than not, the weekends are when the grubs pour coke or drop other unmentionables into the mail box and I really question the mentality of somebody who would do such a thing.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Yeeww!

That may mean that when we are dropping our mail into said red box at around 4:30pm on a Sunday we may be unknowingly dropping it into a pool of coke or other unmentionable liquid that is already in the box.

We haven't had any complaints from cusomers about such things. So far so good.

But it may be that the occasional undelivered and unreturned item could be due to the fact that all our sticky labels have washed or been dissolved off the envelope.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I changed my handling time and it's made absolutely no difference to sales. I still try and get them out within 1 day though. I wonder if a lot of the time the buyer doesn't even look at the handling time, even though I mention it in my listing and also when I send the invoice.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for this, not 100% what I was chasing but this helps significantly. All our items are made to order and this helps us schedule production times, thanks again.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

As you had nothing listed (on this account), I thought maybe you were asking as a buyer 🙂

Not sure what you make to order, but if it takes say 7 days, or even 2 weeks, if you list using the advanced listing tool, you can have a handling time of up to 30 days. If you use the quick listing tool, which is I think the default for non store people (the page where everything is on one page with just the submit button at the bottom, as opposed to 2 pages with the advanced listing tool), you can only have a handling time of maximum 3 days.

Just make sure you really highlight that your items are made to order, so the handling time will be X days to allow for the creation of the item. As a lot of people don't read the description, if there is room in your title, put Made to Order in that.

Now I'm being nosy, what do you make? 😄

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply