Our First Freebay Scammer From the USA

After scamming us and leaving Neg. after we refunded her [like she did to another seller], the buyer admitted that her Post Office lost her 'package' and in it's in her feedback reply.

still have not received, post office lost package, but was refunded in full,

GOOD ON YA.

And who do you think refunded her in full?

Anyway, why would she complain to her own Post Office for the loss ... when sellers like us have been made into easy targets. 

Next ...

Just got our FIRST EVER scammer from the USA.  Seven years of selling no scammers from the USA and only one scammer from the UK.  Several weeks of Freebay and a scammer from the USA, the UK and a few from Australia - the usual suspects.

Most of our scammers have come from Australia in the past. Funny how one can buy and sell things all round the world for years and yet the people who literally live next door are the ones who don't recieve their items or the items are not as described. lol.

Anyway. the attitude from the SCAMMER in the USA was basically ... you didn't register it, so its your bad luck. I've had a thief outside Ebay say exactly the same thing ... you trusted me with the upfront payment, so its your bad luck if I took your money. 

There is a real difference between a mum who is worried that the parcel will nort arrive in time for her daughters birthday, to the arrogant scammer who enjoys going in for the kill with a series of rude threatening emails since they know its a SURE THING.

Our profit still outweighs the loss. Our good buyers greatly outnumber the scammers. But being stolen from knowing that Ebay promotes it on all our listings... People are going to think that getting REFUND for an item is part of the actual buying process.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Our First Freebay Scammer From the USA

I couldn't see anywhere where your last neg often has items not received. I wouldn't call 2 in over a year often. I can only imagine the calibre of the emails sent to buyers who are worried their item has been lost in transit.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

The greed of the new breed of  Feebay buyers knows has no limit !

I'm glad I bailed out and moved 90 % of my items over to Betsy.

Unfortunately with Feebay, the lights are on, but no-one is home, carefactor for sellers is currently running at 0%, carefactor for scammers is 100%.The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

It is only a matter of time that Feebay implodes, if it's current business policy continues.They can't see the wood for the trees !

If you have no sellers, you have no income (commission & fees), 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

But none of that matters Kane, so long as the buyers are happy. EBay don't care if all sellers shut up shop, so long as the buyers are happy and are getting their wonderful buying experience (which won't happen if there are no sellers left!)

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply