Overseas buyer cannot purchase for Aussie friend

I have a lovely buyer in the US who is trying to purchase some items for a friend here in Aus, but she is having trouble with Paypal.

She's been trying for 2 days now, but Paypal won't process her payment. She has written:

--

when i confirm to pay it shows up like this:

Items (2) AU $15.00
Shipping AU $5.50
Tax*We're required by law to collect sales tax and applicable fees for certain tax authorities. AU $1.43
Order total AU $21.93

and then the problem begins with Paypal it will not process the payment.

--

Any ideas why Paypal might be giving her a problem? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Can she log onto .au site & temporarily change the paypal address to her friend's in Aus?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Has she changed her ebay shipping address as I have had issues with this before.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

To me it sounds like she hasn't changed the delivery address from hers to her Aussie friend's - eBay does not apply GST to sales from an Aussie seller being delivered to an Aussie buyer, and they shouldn't be applying US sales tax if the delivery address is not to a state where US sales tax would apply (I know this as there are now mail services in the US where you can get an address in a state where the sales tax doesn't apply and use that instead, and then the package gets automatically redirected, so presumably it will also not apply tax when an international address is used, either). 

Though, I guess that doesn't explain the PayPal issue, and the payment not being processed, as presumably you will post to her delivery address either way. 

Ask her to send a screenshot of the error message PayPal is giving her (and / or google any error codes), as that seems to be where everything is breaking down. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for all the assistance, I will make contact with her again to try and get this resolved.

She did message me that she was going to buy an Ebay giftcard so that she can bypass Paypal altogether.

She said that one way or the other she was determined to pay me - bless her, what a great customer!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You could have sent a paypal invoice using the ebay item numbers.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply