PICKUP only.problem

bh354
Community Member

Hi,

Just wondering where I stand when an item I sold is not picked up by the buyer.

I advertised as pickup only and the winning bidder promptly paid ($60) for the item within an hour of the auction ending, But the auction ended over 3 weeks ago and buyer has not bothered to collect the item. I've had very little contact from him in the 3 weeks, but I did manage to ring him by getting his mobile number through an Ebay 'User Information Request'. He told me he would arrange for the item to be picked up but it has not happened and I've had no further contact from him. I'm not sure how to proceed because I have his money but also still have the item he paid for so the transaction is not completed. 

Can anyone offer some advice on this situation please?

Thanks,

bh354

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PICKUP only.problem

Well there's a couple of 'smart answers' that are probably going to cause confrontation.

Whilst my remark was certainly tongue in cheek I am sure the buyer will be round to get it soon.

I suggest making a cup of tea!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you've got his money what's the problem?

You've attempted to organise pick up its obviously not urgent for the buyer.

Just stick it in the cupboard and go shopping!

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I love how some people give smart answers without checking the facts first

Firstly, it will not fit in a cupboard and I would suggest that the OP wants it gone ! ... that is why they sold it

Tell the buyer you are moving interstate and that if not picked up in a week you will take it with you ... they will have to pay the transport fees to bring it back ... or tell them you will leave it with a neighbour, but the neighbour wants $20 a week to store it, and will not release it until paid

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

"If you've got his money what's the problem?"

Well, that is the problem. Until he takes possession of the item I feel like it is still his money.

I try to conduct my transactions in a friendly and honest manner so threatening him with a storage fee did not seem a good way to go, but It may come to that if the problem is not resolved soon.

Thanks for the replies,

bh354 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Well there's a couple of 'smart answers' that are probably going to cause confrontation.

Whilst my remark was certainly tongue in cheek I am sure the buyer will be round to get it soon.

I suggest making a cup of tea!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

i would imagine there would be time limit where if the item wasnt collected it would be called 'abandoned' and the seller would be able to relist it and keep the previous payment. must be something in feebays book of rules covering such things.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

It seems the cup of tea did the trick.

I was finally contacted by the buyer and he has asked me to hold the item he bought until early January. It seems he's too busy to travel to the pickup location. I said I will hold it but will expect him to pay a storage fee on the pickup day, to which he agreed. So that's where we stand at the moment. This may turn out alright yet, but it will certainly be the longest Ebay transaction I've ever had. 

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Cheers,

bh354 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply