PO says no more receipts when you lodge satchels

Just got back from the PO and not happy they told be no receipts when you lodge a satchel now due to a change in the computer system.

I usually take a photo of the receipt and send it to the buyer .

They would not scan my my card either. When I pointed out that I have no proof of logement I was told that all I have to do is put the number in the Australia post tracking and it will show it has been posted.

As far as I can see that gives the seller no proof of being posted should a dispute arise with either paypal or ebay unless they accept a screen shot of the tracking instead of a printed lodgement receipt

Is mine the only PO that is doing this or has anyone else had the same problem.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: PO says no more receipts when you lodge satchels

@melbourneclearance wrote:

As long as you see them scan every satchel (and hear the beep), it's all good. You have to make sure that your tracking numbers are lodged on ebay before handing the stachels over.

To prove that the item has been posted, simply click on the tracking number on ebay and it will show you that the item has been received by Australia Post.

Lodgement receipts are the eaiest way to prove postage once the order, or tracking results, are no longer available, which is more for PayPal seller protection since chargebacks can occur up to 12 months after a sale. 

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

wide world of stamps
Not sure about satchels, but we have new people at our local post office and they told us yesterday that, if we put stamps on a parcel, the only way to get a tracking number was to buy "signature on delivery".

They tried that on me here in Bega, but there is a way around it.
Only put part payment on the parcel.
So, if it's a parcel that weighs under 500 gram, this will now cost $8.30, just put $7.25 stamps on, then they will have to print a label for $1.05 that will give you a tracking number.
Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

@gramophonerecord wrote:
wide world of stamps
Not sure about satchels, but we have new people at our local post office and they told us yesterday that, if we put stamps on a parcel, the only way to get a tracking number was to buy "signature on delivery".

They tried that on me here in Bega, but there is a way around it.
Only put part payment on the parcel.
So, if it's a parcel that weighs under 500 gram, this will now cost $8.30, just put $7.25 stamps on, then they will have to print a label for $1.05 that will give you a tracking number.

Thanks for the suggestion - we did that the other day and had no problems. Smiley Happy

In fact, they complimented us on the beautiful stamps we had on the parcel!

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

I spoke with my LPO, who still issue receipts, when this topic was posted. They knew nothing about it, but promised to make some enquires for me.

On Friday I was told itโ€™s business as usual and there is nothing now, or in the foreseeable future to prevent them from issuing receipts.

I think you may be dealing with a little bit of โ€˜local policyโ€™ OP. Iโ€™d be challenging them on it and asking why receipts are available at other POโ€™s, especially considering the absence of any upline directive to discontinue the practice.

Melina.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

A great temporary suggestion there to potentially navigate this issue.

Not sure if this has been touched on earlier in the thread, but the inability of post office staff to issue a receipt seems to fall mostly on the problems with scanning self-printed barcodes. With the general register scanner often struggling to read barcodes, staff are then forced to use their wireless scanning equipment, with which they cannot print a receipt. Auspost needs to fix this issue to reinstate consistency across the board. 

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

I've only recently started using eBay labels (within the last 3 months). I had no issues scanning the bar code into the Aust Post app, but they struggled at the PO to scan it. I even started taking a copy of the label, in case it was the plastic preventing it from scanning. A lot of the time they had to manually put in the tracking number, which with eBay labels, is LOTS of numbers!

I discovered my error. I was taking a screenshot of the label and then opening it in "paint", cropping, and then printing it from there. I was doing that so I could get 2 labels per A4. Printing straight from eBay means I could only get one label per A4 because I couldn't see any way of rotating the label.

I decided to print one straight from eBay and the Aust Post scanner had no trouble whatsoever in scanning the barcode. When I compare that to a screenshot label, the screenshot label has a very slight blur to it, rather than very crisp printing straight from eBay. So now, to save my PO a huge struggle, I print one label per A4 and save the remaining paper for scrap. 

Yes, I still get lodgement scans for satchels. I did 6 last week and will be lodging another tomorrow. My LPO looks after me.

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

Hi tippy,

I use the eBay labels too and like to avoid waste. I "print" straight from eBay, but select "Save as pdf", an option built into the Mac OS. I then open this in Adobe Acrobat Reader which allows me to change the size & orientation when actually printing - I can actually fit four labels onto an A4 page this way (the label is resized to 90% of the original size).

If you can find an add-on for your browser that will allow you to save the label as a PDF, you can probably achieve your desired 2 labels per A4 page and still get a crisp barcode that scans easily.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

Yes PDF is an excellent way to do it.  For Windows "Microsoft Print to PDF" is really easy to use and free.  Windows 10 should have it, snd if not Google is your friend.

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

Mine already download as pdf. On Win 8.

Tippyk, if you set the printer to landscape, you can get 2 per A4 sheet.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply