POLL --- Credit Card Payments

Should sellers be able to, or have the right to choose whether or not to accept credit card payment ?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: POLL --- Credit Card Payments

g'day T-W-U, I'll give you kudos for persistence !!!!  I really will, look at the first Kudo for your Opening Post !

My answer is going to be along the lines of practicality i.e. knowing full well that it is impossible to stop a buyer from funding their PayPal payment with a Credit Card . . . . . . . . and my answer is NO . . . . . because it is an exercise in futility to say NO CREDIT CARDS knowing full well that buyers will fund their PayPal payments from a source of their choosing which may include Credit Card, and Paymate is funded by Credit Cards, and merchant Credit Card is . . . . . well . . . . bl00dy obvious.

Having now 'voted' in your poll, and given reasons for my vote, I see no reason why I would revisit this thread with for the purpose of posting again.  The whole "Credit Card payment" issue has been well canvassed on several threads in recent weeks and I have nothing further to add.  Good luck with your Poll.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

No. My reason - I want my buyers, most of whom I have not traded with before, to feel safe and comfortable giving a total stranger (me) money in the expectation of me providing their goods at a future date (hopefully within a week, but that's up to AP). Even if I could, I would not stipulate bank deposit only (although I have that as an option), because I am not prepared to lose the large percentage of sales that such a stipulation would result in.

Haven't you done this to death?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@this-way-up wrote:

Should sellers be able to, or have the right to choose whether or not to accept credit card payment ?

They can do that already. 

Not so much on eBay, in all reality, so if we're talking about being able to offer payment methods exclusive of credit card payments in any form...sure, why not. I'm sure if you petition eBay long enough, they'll see that one of their key marketing strategies (safety for buyers), is just unfair on sellers and will bow to your whims.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

What ? Done what to death ?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

What can I say, every time I think the topic doesn't have anywhere else to go, for some strange reason you find something new to say and so do I. 

Are you a wizard?

Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

You can not have a poll....the option was taken away when Lithium took over the boards.

How are we supposed to vote?

Have you ever thought about going to live in the UK?  They used to have the option on paypal to refuse credit card payments.  Not sure if it is still that way but in view of your dislike of credt cards it might be the answer to your problems.

You could try posting on the UK boards to see if it is still the case....and you might also get some different answers to what you are getting here.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

digital*ghost wrote:

Are you a wizard?

Smiley Surprised

Yes !...Of Oz I am !

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

That ship has left port Lyndal. You could refuse credit card payments for a while longer in the US but no more. I do know there are a few ebay sites, Germany being one of them, where you don't have to offer any payment method that can be card funded but most sellers there who want ot sell overseas realise they won't get far unless they do.

Nobody is forced to offer any sort of payment method because they are not forced to use ebay and I cannot understand why anyone who doesn't want to play by their rules wants to play in their playground.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Oh b*gger, I was hoping to direct the OP to the UK boards for a while to give us a break from his incessant complaints about credit cards.Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply