POSTAGE CHARGES RISING " AGAIN " - not seen any advertising anywhere as yet!

I just noticed by accident on the Australia Post website while looking for something else that a lot of domestic & international mail services are increasing AGAIN on 6th October - just in time for the Christmas mail.

I just asked at my local post office & they DON'T have new rates bookets yet - of course!

This C5 medium pre-paid australia post envelope jumped from $1.40 to $1.80 in March or April this year & is now going up to $1.90.

The C4 envelope just jumped from $2.70 to $3.20 & now is going to $3.50.

STOCK UP BEFORE THE PRICE RISES IF YOU USE THEM!!!!

Medium C5 Large C4 Large B4

500g162 x 229 x 20mm$1.80 
500g324 x 229 x 20mm$3.50 
500g353 x 250 x 20mm$4.15

Website for all the info - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/pricing-updates.html  

Pricing updates

Our prices - 2014

Find out about recent and upcoming pricing changes to some of our letter and parcel products and other services.

On 6 October 2014, price changes will take effect for selected international letter and parcel services, domestic and international Registered Post, domestic prepaid envelopes, Mail Redirection and Hold, selected bulk mail products and special services, and certifying documents.

There will be no price change to the basic domestic letter rate (70 cents), or seasonal greeting cards (domestic / international) between 1 November and 31 December 2014.

You'll find the new prices listed below:   (SEE AUSTRALIA POST WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS)

International letters
Letters, greeting cards, postcards and aerogrammes
Air Mail prepaid envelopes
Express Post International prepaid envelopes
Registered Post International prepaid envelopes & padded bags
International parcels
Pack and Track International parcels (up to 2kg
Pack and Track International parcels (prepaid up to 2kg)
Registered Post International parcels
Domestic letters & services
Regular prepaid envelopes
Registered Post prepaid envelopes
Registered Post labels & imprints
Delivery Confirmation
Mail Redirection and Mail Hold
Domestic & International Mail Redirection
Domestic Mail Hold
Business bulk mail

Our bulk mail products offer eligible business customers a discount on mail which meets specific requirements.

Charity Mail
Sample Post
Unaddressed Mail
Certifying documents

In most cases, our post office staff can certify documents as being true copies of the original document. Whether we can certify your document depends on the criteria set by individual organisations.

Currently a fee of $4.95 is charged for every document that we certify as being a true copy of the original. From 6 October, we're giving you a 40% discount for the second and subsequent documents. These will now cost $2.95 each.

* These are seasonal rates and are only valid for postage between 1 November and 31 December. Christmas cards and other seasonal greeting cards must be in a sealed envelope and marked 'CARD ONLY'. Normal postage rates apply outside this period.

Regards

Some999

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

HOW RICH ... WHEN THEY CANT EVEN OFFER THE SERVICE OF ACTUALLY DELIVERING THE ITEM

I HAVE HAD 2 PARCELS GO MISSING THIS WEEK ALONE AND EVEN WITH A TRACKING NUMBER

ABSOLUTELY HOPELESS SERVICE

SO OVER AUST POST ... THEY ARE COSTING ME DEARLY!!!

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I just copied most of the post from above into the BUYERs area so they are aware as well of the rises.

My personal comment that I've added is that with ebay (& online shopping) creating so many packages for delivery that there should be discounts not rises!

I do hope that your packages turn up. Hopefully they have been mis-sorted to a wrong location & will be delivered on Monday.
Fingers crossed for you!

I always say to a buyer when they email to say that their package/item has arrived that I'm always relieved to know it has arrived & even better still that they are happy with their purchase & that is the truth.
Posting items is like Russian Roulette these days!
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Prices go up twice a year pretty much every year.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

If and when australia post is ever privtised..still no competition

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

The prepaid envelopes, especially in the bigger sizes were good value.

This C5 medium pre-paid australia post envelope jumped from $1.40 to $1.80 in March or April this year & is now going up to $1.90

The C5 jump was from $1.40 to $1.70 (current price) and up to $1.80 in October.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Think AP do the 'update' thing twice a year...

March and October ??

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

As inevitable as death and taxes AP's prices go up twice every year and the information has been available for a few weeks now.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply