PRIME Prestige Plate

ta80_0
Community Member

Hi, 

I realized some how my PRIME plate has sold ? I did expected my acceptance  and really I didn't understand how it worked.. I do not sell for the price. I need your help 

Thank you

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

PRIME Prestige Plate

Not sure who you want to contact, we are just members and can't help

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

PRIME Prestige Plate

We are not eBay staff, so it is difficult for us to know what happened if you don't provide more details.

Was it an auction? You can start auctions at any price, but you don't have to accept bids. When an auction finishes, the highest bidder wins, even if there is only 1 bid, and it is considered a sale.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

PRIME Prestige Plate

If you are not willing to sell the plate for the price, you will need to contact the buyer and explain what you have written here. But be aware, you may have one unhappy buyer on your hands

Other members here cannot help you, it is up to you as the seller to understand how auctions work before you start listing things 

The plate did not 'somehow sell' it sold because you listed it  it , it got 20 bids and sold to the highest bidder

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

PRIME Prestige Plate

I suspect that the auction you listed for the number plate that started at 99cents with the first bid last Saturday, originally had a "buy it now" price. BIN's on auctions are not a reserve and disappear as soon as the first bid is placed.

You can cancel the bid, but you'll probably get a neg feedback and that will put your selling career in jeopardy .

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/sellers-can-cancel-order?id=4136

Edit. G'day Sandy and SLR, reckon I need a coffee now................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

PRIME Prestige Plate

you put the number plate as an auction starting at 99c

You May have had a Buy-Now price on the listing, but that would be taken off once someone made a bid.

On eBay auctions sellers do not get final say through ‘approving’ or ‘accepting’ the final price.  The final price is the highest registered bid i.e. there are no reserves on eBay auctions for number plates.

DO NOT LIST ANY MORE ITEMS until you read up on how eBay auctions work.

8BEC1529-B662-4883-B129-16791B02DD2A.jpeg

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

PRIME Prestige Plate

The item sold for $760, why are you not happy?

That seems like a good price.

Also, I'm not sure why you set it for pick up only? This item can easily be posted and the winning buyer may not even live in your state! You should take $10 out of the sale and send it to them right away without asking for any additional postage money.

Just remember that the selling fees are about 13.4%.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

PRIME Prestige Plate

It is a reasonable expectation that the buyer will live in the state the plates are valid for. However Queensland IS a big state.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

PRIME Prestige Plate

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

The item sold for $760, why are you not happy?

That seems like a good price.

Also, I'm not sure why you set it for pick up only? This item can easily be posted and the winning buyer may not even live in your state! You should take $10 out of the sale and send it to them right away without asking for any additional postage money.

Just remember that the selling fees are about 13.4%.

Some personalised plates go for many thousands of dollars,  from what I have seen, I suspect this may be one where if you hung out long enough,  it could get triple or quadruple what they got.   

For the OP never ever never start an auction below the minimum price you want.

Personally if I was expecting to get a couple of thousand for any item, it would be pickup only, sorry I just don't trust people who I haven't met.  Yes I'm a suspicious oldie

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

PRIME Prestige Plate

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Wait....why? 😯

Maybe I missed something, but listing as pick-up only is a seller's perogative, it's completely irrelevant if something can be posted, or how high the price gets - if a buyer from another state wins the auction on a PU-only listing, why would the seller suddenly be obliged to just post it without even asking for any postage payment? 

It's a moot point either way though, I guess, especially if the seller isn't going to to move forward with this particular sale. 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply