PROBLEMS WITH UPDATING ITEM SPECIFICS??

I've been updating all my listings with the new item specifics required (even though they were already there.)

All the ones I've updated today are not dropping off my list to be updated & are showing as still needing updates, though they are already done.

Any ideas, anyone else having problems?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Are you seeing required or recommended?

There is a difference between "required" and "recommended".     Only "required in books" by 12 July should be

ISBN  (although some sellers say there is a dispute about this one)

Book Title

Author

Language.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

No, I'm saying required  - UPC is not required.

When you go into listing to change it shows required as Author, Book Title & Language.

I'm updating all my listings & they were all coming off the required listings showing in my Overview until today.  It's showing 479 still to do & I've already updated 30 of those & they're still there.  I've updated 3000 so haven't had any issues until today, so I'm sure I know what I'm doing.

Noticed they had changed the Title category overnight to allow more characters so maybe this has stuffed up everything else.

Anyone else having issues??

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I don't know why everyone is denying that the ISBN field is required - the latest email 10.6.21 update clearly shows it:

EBAY SPECIFICS.JPG

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Because when you go in to actually update the listing it has required next to Author, Title & Language, but not on UPC (ISBN) - therefore it would seem to be a recommendation, not a requirement.

We can only go on what is actually on the listing, so for now I'm accepting that it is not a requirement.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Also, when I updated the last 3000 I did not update UPC & they all dropped off the listings "needing updating with requirements" so that's a good indication that it's not a requirement.  Time will tell!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Hopefully this might help/clarify -  "Buyers often search using product identifiers, so we recommend product identifiers to make sure your listings have maximum visibility in buyer search results."

That is the message I get when putting up a new listing.  You click on the little i symbol next to UPC & that is the message that comes up.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply