Package weight exceeds maximum allowable limit .... help!

ok ebay must have updated postage costs/ types since 18 april.

now when relisting international calculated and selecting airmail

anything over 2kg as thats the limit - it doesn't let you list...

but there isn't a selection that I see that I can choose alternatively...........i know its standartd and economy but its picking registered airmail express or sea... the other other options

I've tried custom

i'ved tried 2 - 3 kg.

whats the trick please....

otherwise i can't open up heavies to international.... thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It let me put mine as express post internationa parcel?  I'm assuming (hoping) that this is the equivalent to the new (standard) tracked airmail.  The old airmail/economy air becomes seamail once you go over 2kg.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

hi, sounds logical... but there is actually an economy standard and express option for overseas, so selecting express doesn't match up?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Indeed, Australia Post have economy, standard and express, but ebay have matched these up with airmail/seamail (under/over 2kg) , express (any weight) and express courier itenational.  They haven't changed the names on the listing form or turbolister yet, so are using the old names....

AP                                     Ebay

economy                       airmail (2kg and under) / seamail (over 2kg)

standard                        express post international parcel 

express                          courier international  (not certain about this one).

If your listing has registered post international you get AP standard + $4.99 for a signature....

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

apears ebay cant get its head around the new AP methods of shipping, no suprise there as AP keep back flipping on methods and prices.

it'll prolly take months for it to all settle down and us sellers will be pulling out hair out if we have any left.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply