Packing of Fragile Items

I know alot of sellers use click and send as this is cost effective for sending parcels around Australia and use recycled materials to pack their items and may not charge buyers for packing materials. But I have found sometimes this is difficult when sending fragile items which need to be carefully wrapped to prevent breakages.

Just wanting to get some advice/tips on what other sellers use/do to pack their items that are fragile such as glassware and how they keep their costs down on materials? Or is this simply not possible? Do the majority just add it to the postage cost? I have noticed some sellers advise in their listings that they are charging a packing fee ie. for bio fill, bubble wrap etc.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Packing of Fragile Items

another great 'filler' for the double boxing is large chunks of polystyrine.  the shaped bits like a TV screen or any electronics come packed in. a good 'chunk' of that in each corner of the outter box before filling the sides with paper or whatever really protects the corners of the boxes.

I also get free poly-bubble/peanuts from the local chemist shop, all the good cosmetics get delivered in it apparently!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 11 of 11
Latest reply