Partial refund

How (or can I ) do a partial refund in ebay to get my fees back? I know how too in paypoo. I sold 2 items (the same) and I list only 2 because I can send 1 or 2 in a 500g bag. List 3 or more and people get confuddled with postage. Anyhoo .... for some reason this person bought 2 and got hit double postage. Is there any way I can refund them the postage through ebay to get my 70 cents in fees back.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Partial refund

Yes, you should get a refund if you emai ebay giving all the details of the transaction & why you gave the refund.

I now state as the first few lines of every listing - IF YOU ARE PURCHASING MULTIPLE ITEMS, 
PLEASE “WAIT” FOR YOUR COMBINED INVOICE BEFORE PAYING.  
NO refunds for over payment of postage will be given once payment has been made.  
Ebay charges fees on the total payment (inc postage) so you must wait for your combined invoice!

It seems to be working.

Below is an example of how I applied for refund of fees at the end of the month.  In my cases the buyers paid without waiting for a combined invoice - 

Hi Ebay Accounts,

AFTER SPEAKING TO EBAY CUSTOMER SUPPORT, I WAS ADVISED THAT IT WAS OK TO ISSUE REFUNDS FOR OVERPAYMENT OF POSTAGE - WHERE BUYERS HAVE PAID STRAIGHT AWAY WITHOUT WAITING FOR A COMBINED INVOICE, THEN TO APPLY FOR A REFUND OF FEES FOR THESE TRANSACTIONS.

Can I please request fee refunds for the following 2 transactions.

I’ve issued partial refunds to the buyers as they have paid without requesting a combined invoice first or giving me time to send them one therefore overpaying postage.

My listing description states - Multiple purchases will be automatically combined at time of invoicing to give the best/cheapest postage options. Multiple purchases will be automatically combined at time of invoicing.

Multiple items can be packed & travel for this postage same cost so long as the total packed weight stays under 500g.

REFUND NO.1

(Date) (buyer ID) purchased & paid individually for 2 items. 

She had paid $7.20 postage for each item = $14.40 total.

The combined postage was only $7.20.

I have refunded $7.20 via paypal.

eBay item numbers:    0000       &   00000

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

What if I have stated postage and the buyer has already paid , then find when going to the Post Office postage was less than expected?

Can you refund and get fees back from Ebay for that...and if I do refund through Paypal won't Ebay hit me with a defect as this has happneded before and Ebay stated it was Item Not as Described, which it certainly wasn't the case.

I have done refunds when this has heppened,  direct to the buyer,  not through Ebay and just copped the extra postage fee!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies folks. 

I went into paypal and did the refund of $7.15 and when I logged back into ebay ....next to the transaction was a message ...  Adjustment -$7.15

Seems it doesit  automatically .

Also I did have postage set at $7.15 with the cost per extra item set at $0.00. Its happened a few times now where it adds an extra $7.15 (or whatever the main postage cost was) all by itself. I normally check but this one slipped past me.

Anyway seems partials are done for you now ....

May have been like that for a while as this is the first partial I have done for yonks (since sales plummeted) .

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Remember to check to see if you got a defect for this refund. Ebay used to give a Defect for a refund as they assumed it was because Item was not as described.

If you did ring Ebay and tell them to remove it
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply