Partial refund

Hello,

Aus Post has lost an item. Tracking indicates that it has been delivrered, howvere the buyer says it was not delivered.

I have agreed to refund $$ for item but $$ for postage.

REsolution centre pathway for refund does not offer an option for partial refund.

How do I go about this?

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Partial refund

Hello.

I am sure some-one else with more experience will be able to answer more fully however if it was paid through paypal you could do a partial refund for the amount you wish to pay your buyer through that. Could I also suggest that if possible signature post for an item you send as that way a buyer has to sign they have received the item you sent to that address. Have a good weekend

All the best daffodilau

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Partial refund

First off it was probably not a good idea to offer a partial refund, if the tracking shows delivered then my first action would have been to contact AP/ courier to find out if they had any details on the delivery, and contact the buyer to say you would be doing that and ask them to sign a stat dec to say they hadn't received it. (that weeds out a lot of scammers)

Tracking showing delivery would mean they couldn't claim an item not received through either eBay's MBG or Paypal's dispute process.

Does the buyer 's feedback show a pattern of refunds from sellers? If so they could possibly be scammers.

Was it an expensive item like one of the jackets?  Or one of the less expensive items?

You should also ask them to check with their neighbours and the local PO.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Partial refund

If your tracking is showing delivered then as said above you should win any INR claim either thru ebay MBG or PayPal.

However, the tracking number must be able to be linked to the buyer's address.

This means you would have needed to use an address label service such as ebay labels of Click and Send.

If the buyer opens an INR case make sure you upload the tracking number onto the case itself. Dont rely on it simply being added to the order details.

If you feel your tracking is all good as per above then I would encourage your buyer to open a INR case and then any refund will be given from ebay funds not yours as the case should be resolved in your favour.

There is no defect any more for the buyer opening a case as it used to be. Just if ebay resolve on your behalf with no action from you (the seller).

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Partial refund

Clarry if the seller has already offered a partial refund then they should not go back on their word now and tell the buyer to put in a claim.  The buyer may well be trying it on and a dispute or asking for a stat dec for an Aus Post investigation may have been better but that horse has now bolted IMO.

A partial refnd can still be done through the item in Paypal, the advantage of that is if the buyer is still not happy and opens a dispute which they win they will only get the remainder of the payment.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply