Pay on pick up

A buyer won a bid on my bulky product that was for pick-up only coz of its size, After 2 days without payment I sent buyer a soft reminder about payment and collection of the product.

3rd day, buyer emailed saying they have no paypal account and will pay upon pick up.

I checked buyer's account and was opened 06/2014.

Any words of caution in cases like this? 

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Pay on pick up

I can't see any problem. Cash on Pick up is, in my opinion, the only way. That way they get to check the item over before laying out $$.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Pay on pick up

I wouldn't worry about it, cash on pick up is always better as you don't have to pay paypal fees. Just organise a time with them for them to pick up.

I hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Pay on pick up

There is no seller or buyer protection from Paypal on pick up items. Cash is a reasonable option to pay for a pick up item. Buyer should always inspect a pick up item thorougly before paying for it.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Pay on pick up

Haha.Pick up wiil be OK but not practical,you had better to send more invoice to ask for payment.
So far.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Pay on pick up

Thank you very much am*3.
Fair enough, I would feel the same too if im buying something, I was trying to understand other experiences to be prepared.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Pay on pick up

Thank you very much proud_co., It did help, made me feel more comfortable that this is a normal and acceptable practice.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply