PayPal Chargeback - WESTPAC thieves

I had my first Chargeback a couple of months ago. After contacting the buyer asking "why" claims had no idea, didn't open the Chargeback. (BS, Westpac confirmed they don't just open Chargebacks for "every" purchase in date range, when CC is "stolen".

My thoughts on this was, as tracking no longer shows after xx days, buyer thinks they can pull a shifty.  Anyway, I got written confirmation from AP advising time, date and address of delivery. Buyer confirms receipt of item and happy with purchase. I sent all this info including buyer's confirmation of receiving item, plus photos showing tracking. 

Asked buyer to cancel the chargeback. Claims bank said they can't stop the Chargeback "as it's already been opened" (more BS).

Anyway, Paypal Protection covered me as I provided all the relevant info.  The case was under investigation by the bank for 2 months.

Today I get this from PayPal.....

We've been notified by your buyer's card provider that Case PP-D- xxxxxxxx has been decided in the buyer's favour. As a token of gratitude for valued customers like you, we won't debit your PayPal account for the disputed amount.

Now, given tracking proves delivery and confirmed by AP with date, time address and the buyer's confirmation of receipt of the item, all of which PayPal sent to Westpac......how on earth can the bank find in favour of the buyer??? Bloody thieves!!

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: PayPal Chargeback - WESTPAC thieves

@iscottpcparts wrote:

Sorry but I've proven your post very wrong below with an email from Ebay supporting the facts of the original poster. 

You've dragged up a 3 1/2 year old thread that was about CHARGEBACKS your situation is not that, it is about being charged twice by your bank. 

There is in fact another thread about this, I'll see if I can find it.

You should have started a new thread about your problem, not bumped an old one - which is now likely to be shut down by the mods.

Edit. Have a look at this link.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=fals...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@iscottpcparts wrote:

Updates coming soon or on the news, which ever you see first 😂.

please do come back and keep us up to date . . . even if it means starting a new thread as this one is likely to be locked (as padi said).

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply