PayPal Dispute - Buyer Claims it found it Cheaper

Hey guys, one of my buyers bought an item off me.
An hour later he opened a case on PayPal claiming he found it cheaper and wants a refund.
The problem is I have already sent the item.
He’s planning to decline the delivery.
What can I do?
Does he he have a leg to stand on with PayPal?
Do I have to refund him?
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: PayPal Dispute - Buyer Claims it found it Cheaper

Technically if he refuses to receive the item, they should rule in your favour but heads up, they rule in the buyers favour all the time now. Bots running it. Let's see, I predict their instruction to you will be 'unfortunately since the buyer returned the item, you will have to refund the buyer". Love the way they always tell you how they understand, then unfortunately......

How is it though that you posted within an hour of purchase?

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Tell the buyer that once it is back in your hands, you will refund, less the postage as that has now been used up.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

@aussiewholesal3 wrote:

Does he he have a leg to stand on with PayPal?

Not even a toe.

PayPal only cover item not as described and item not received.

This is a change of mind return "request". Even if he opened an item not received case, if you have proof of post, you will win the case (PayPal do not need proof of delivery, so he is in for a rude awakening if he thinks he can refuse the package and be entitled to a refund).

He also is now unable to open an eBay request, so to put it bluntly, this buyer done messed up....

I think PayPal's phone support is not available at the moment, but they should have a chat option, if no proof of post, just point out the buyer's reeasoning for the dispute does not qualify them for protection, and if you can supply proof of post, let them know you can provide it if required. 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

He opened item not received case on PayPal one hour after purchase.

In the notes, he wrote how is over priced and found it cheaper so he's demanding a refund.

Yes I have a tracking number. 

So even if he declines the delivery I will still win the case with PayPal?

I

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

@aussiewholesal3 wrote:

So even if he declines the delivery I will still win the case with PayPal?

I would like to say unequivocally yes, but I'm not in a position to guarantee it with any degree of absolute certainty.

However I would be very surprised if you lost the dispute. Like, angrily (on your behalf) surprised, even. Smiley LOL (Plus, you would have recourse with an appeal and / or a complaint to AFCA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority). 

I'd be tempted to try and teach them a lesson, but the professional seller side of me would get on to PayPal ASAP and try to get them to just close the case - force the buyer to deal with you like a normal human being if they are that desperate to get out of the deal. 

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Yes but the problem at the moment is that you can't get onto them. It's run by bots. And appeal? I had no opportunity to appeal the case I lost. How do you appeal a case? I couldn't even upload pictures of damage

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Just looked at their help & contact page, and yeah... no chat 😞 The best substitue is "Message Us" (tagline "its' like texting!" .... lol), so I guess that's the current best option.

Because it's an INR claim, if the seller uploads verifiable tracking  / proof of post, they should meet all of the requirements to win the case when it goes to review (INADs are 50/50 due to being subjective), but I'd also leave a note calling to attention the buyer's written complaint (assuming they mention the whole found it cheaper eslewhere bit within the dispute). 

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Is there any way of chatting to someone from PayPal apart from email?
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

How is it though that you posted within an hour of purchase?

Can't speak for the OP, but I used to live directly across the road from from a small AP franchisee in Melbourne, and on several occasions I had items wrapped up ready to pop into a satchel, was sitting at my computer - printer on - when I've made a sale, and the item was posted within 4 minutes.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply