PayPal Issues on devices like phones/iPads???

My buyers are reporting they are being forced to pay separate transactions, not able to combine, on devices...
Is anyone else having this problem?
It is screwing me on PayPal fees, and freight combining... not sure what to do??

Any advice welcome!

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

COMBINING INVOICES ON MOBILE

I found this in the ebay blog site where people could not pay combined invoices on iphones:

quote ..............There is a way around it on your phone.

If you go right to the bottom of the app page there are some links - one of them is "classic site" or "classic view"...........unquote

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you... it has only started being a problem for me, and it is hugely annoying!
I may need to update my listsings to reflect to people how to pay!! Gahhh!
Not to mention, it's like having my settings on "must pay" after sale, immediate, and I do NOT have that setting, so it is annoying that people are being forced to!

๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

also, I hear that you ask them not to use the cart - just buy items and wait for your invoice.

I think the cart is what mucks it up.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Maybe that is it... I will ask the girl who just had an issue, if she was using cart.

I did ask someone last night to stop, but she was quite "cranky" and just did what she wanted, which stuffed me up ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I have a android tablet, and at the top of the screen on the right is a dropdown box with 3 tiny squares. On the dropdown is request desktop site, tick that box, also you can go to classic site down the bottom of any page.

Don't know what Ipads have.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I use ebay app on android phone to do all transactions, while using app I don't have cart or option for classic site or alike.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Google Chrome has the option for desktop site. Google chrome can be used on ipads as well, although the desktop site option doesn't work too well on ebay forums.

As someone mentioned above when using eBay app you don't get choice to use desktop site or classic site. Those are available when you access eBay via the search bar (comes up initially as mobile site on phone).
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Hey again... Just needed to bring this up again, as I am having difficulty with this on a particular listing of mine.

Question please:
Curious, about android. I know how to "educate customers" to get to the classic site via Safari or what have you on an iPhone, but what is your option on android? Is it internet explorer? I have never used or seen an android phone (Apple snob LOL).

It is so annoying that eBay seem to have it set up, that everyone using handheld devices just goes through and buys, and then STILL go through and pay individually, if I don't get to invoice them on time (and even then, sometimes the invoice doesn't work for them on handheld and I have to direct through the classic site!!). Being charged 30c per transaction then, plus the 2.4% is quite annoying... Yes, I have factored all of this into my mark ups, and of course, orders are orders and money is money, but with the US dollar not as pretty right now, I also don't want to have price rises etc if I can help it, and with my type of items I sell, it's just a nuisance that the "wonderful apps" are so inadequate it seems. Sigh.

Cheers!

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

On andriod, you can get to ebay by google, once phone user logs in it shows "mobile" view, down bottom of screen you can access classic view. But if the phone user doesn't know how to use it they will most likely go back to square one, due to it being hard for them, loading times tend to slow up, user gets frustrated... Maybe next update of app mite make things better??
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply