PayPal “payment cancellation” e cheque? **bleep**

Been selling elsewhere lately but listed a few things on eBay.

Sold an item which was paid but was showing payment not cleared (called it an e cheque payment) and after it sat there a week, all the while via the listing showing as not paid, suddenly comes up as a cancelled payment and still showing as unpaid.

Sent a message to the buyer and a reminder but no reply received and 8 days now since the sale and original payment.

First question how/why/what is this?

Second, using the app, how does one proceed with the unpaid item process? Only option is “cancel the sale”.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: PayPal “payment cancellation” e cheque? **bleep**

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Maybe it's my paranoia, but I sometimes think that certain buyers pay by echeque, knowing that it will ultimately cancel for whatever reason. They rely on the seller sending the item without checking on cleared payment.

Not saying that's the case here, but I would cancel the sale with the reason "problem with buyers address" in order to avoid a defect.

If the sale does go ahead for whatever reason, please send it with tracking in order to avoid future "potential" issues.

Buyers can't choose to pay via eCheque, they randomly spawn themselves when they are paying from their bank account. They don't always happen when paying that way.

I've only had one that didn't clear. The buyer tried again and it went through the second time. All the others were clear in about a week. I always send the buyer a message when they have paid with an eCheque, because despite there being a red message saying that's how the payment is being made, more often than not, they have no idea. 

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns there should not be any defect as a seller if the item is unpaid should there?
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

I think there is a possibility of a defect if you go the cancel road - and why would you even consider it?   A non-payer is a non-payer.    If he doesn't pay, figure out how to give him the defect by opening an unpaid item dispute.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Update after 2 weeks buyer has paid and item posted.
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply