Paying with paypal after clicking pay by bank

I just had a buyer mistakingly click pay by bank transfer, by mistake, the messaged saying they wanted to pay by paypal. Because hey had clicked pay by bank transfer the abilty to send an invoice had gone so I could not see anything at my end to enable them to pay by paypal. I messaged them back saying there should be a way in the drop down menu to pay by paypal still but they said there was nothing they could see. I cancelled the sale and they will have to buy it again. Anyone know of a better way I could of done this, without hopefully cancelling the sale, if it happens again. 

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you using a phone or something like that?  There seem to be a lot of things that don't show when you're using one.  Just a thought...

I've got an item awaiting payment by bank deposit at the moment and it's got Send Revised Invoice on the dropdown menu, but I don't use Selling Manager Pro or any of those, just the standard (basic) format.  No, I'm not saying it must be showing on yours, just that it is showing on mine so it should be showing on yours, ie. they haven't changed it so it's no longer possible to resend it.

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The option to pay by paypal would have been restored if you had just sent another invocice.

Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The option to pay by paypal would have been restored if you had just sent another invocice.

I think I willwait for an aswer from a seller who actually uses the system rather than a buyer who does not. If you bothered to even read what I wrote the option to send an invoice was not there. Thank you for the guess but it is not helpful

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

Suit yourself.

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Suit yourself.

I willI come here for infomation not your incorrect guesses

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

Good luck with that one.

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Good luck with that one.

What good luck with not taking WRONG infomation from a buyer? ermmm clearly you will just listen to anyone good for you 

PS good luck with that one

Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

The information is correct. As a buyer Lyndal would be better aware of the options than some sellers. As you have demonstrated. A simple search of the boards for this question would have given many threads worth of answers. it is a common question and the answer is simple enough for most to understand, whether it comes from a buyer or a seller.

Your off the wall prejudice is showing.

Ps: I've only sold a couple of thousand items on eBay, so feel free to dismiss my advice as inexperienced also.

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

In PayPal, there's an option to send money for goods and services. You could ask the buyer to pay that way and reference the item number/eBay transaction.
Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

Resending the invoice through eBay is quicker and avoids confusion for buyers who lack coordination.

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply