Paying with paypal after clicking pay by bank

I just had a buyer mistakingly click pay by bank transfer, by mistake, the messaged saying they wanted to pay by paypal. Because hey had clicked pay by bank transfer the abilty to send an invoice had gone so I could not see anything at my end to enable them to pay by paypal. I messaged them back saying there should be a way in the drop down menu to pay by paypal still but they said there was nothing they could see. I cancelled the sale and they will have to buy it again. Anyone know of a better way I could of done this, without hopefully cancelling the sale, if it happens again. 

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Paying with paypal after clicking pay by bank

If the item hasn't been paid for the cancellation usually goes through almost immediately - for items not paid ebay usually don't wait for the buyer to respond.

If you can't find the send invoice button it may be a glitch or it will be to do with the cancellation process.

Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

@jensmanchester-australia wrote:

If the item hasn't been paid for the cancellation usually goes through almost immediately - for items not paid ebay usually don't wait for the buyer to respond.

If you can't find the send invoice button it may be a glitch or it will be to do with the cancellation process.

I thought, if an item was not paid for, FVF was automatically credited was not 100% sure as thankfully do not have to cancel sales often.

Maybe there is a glitch send invoice was not there even before the cancellation.Thankfully I know the buyer really wants these items so it will work out in the end 

Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

Can you not just send a Paypal invoice yourself and then mark the item as paid manually when the buyer pays?

Marina.

Message 23 of 43
Latest reply

@nevillesdaughter wrote:

Can you not just send a Paypal invoice yourself and then mark the item as paid manually when the buyer pays?

Marina.

I think that would of been my best option sadly I did not think about that before I cancelled the sale, if I find myself in the same situation again hopefully I will think to do that.

Message 24 of 43
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@jensmanchester-australia wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

The information is correct. As a buyer Lyndal would be better aware of the options than some sellers. As you have demonstrated. A simple search of the boards for this question would have given many threads worth of answers. it is a common question and the answer is simple enough for most to understand, whether it comes from a buyer or a seller.

Your off the wall prejudice is showing.

Ps: I've only sold a couple of thousand items on eBay, so feel free to dismiss my advice as inexperienced also.

wrong.jpg

Before we get into a boring back and forth about how sending an invoice is available here is a screen of what actually is available as you will notice the send invoice has gone. So yes I will disregard your advice as well as that of a buyer

If you had NOT cancelled the seller the option to resend an invoice would still be there. With a cancellation ebay have refunded your FVF's so as far as they are concerned the transaction no longer exists.

In future if a buyer accidentally chooses bank deposit just resend the invoice which breaks the checkout lock and they can go through checkout again and choose Paypal.

As soon as they messaged me the first thought I had was to resend the invoice when I went to do it that is what I had and there was no option to resend the invoice. As a matter of fact I do not think the buyer as agree to the cancellation as FVF has not been refunded yet but thaat may just be a delay. Maybe glitch but there was no option for me to send an invoice

Well jens would have little credibility with you. She has 100 times the successful sales you could ever hope to have. But she doesn't agree with you.

Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

Are you using a phone or something like that?  There seem to be a lot of things that don't show when you're using one.  Just a thought...

I've got an item awaiting payment by bank deposit at the moment and it's got Send Revised Invoice on the dropdown menu, but I don't use Selling Manager Pro or any of those, just the standard (basic) format.  No, I'm not saying it must be showing on yours, just that it is showing on mine so it should be showing on yours, ie. they haven't changed it so it's no longer possible to resend it.

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

@englishrosegardens wrote:

Are you using a phone or something like that?  There seem to be a lot of things that don't show when you're using one.  Just a thought...

I've got an item awaiting payment by bank deposit at the moment and it's got Send Revised Invoice on the dropdown menu, but I don't use Selling Manager Pro or any of those, just the standard (basic) format.  No, I'm not saying it must be showing on yours, just that it is showing on mine so it should be showing on yours, ie. they haven't changed it so it's no longer possible to resend it.

I am using a PC, Your getting send invoice maybe it was a glitch on mine might hunt around and see if I can see it in different views and not selling manager but the fact I have cancelled sale may of made it go away now. I will have a hunt though

Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

Ok the problem is selling manager pro if I go to the old view, which thankfully I have bookmarked as it shows postcodes to, I can resend the invoice 

wrong1.jpg

Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

That's, um, 'interesting'.  Pity I didn't answer earlier when I first saw the thread but I really didn't think what I said was going to make any difference, and I got distracted fixing up another glitch where my buyer only selected bank deposit because ebay wouldn't let her pay by paypal.

Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

That's, um, 'interesting'.  Pity I didn't answer earlier when I first saw the thread but I really didn't think what I said was going to make any difference, and I got distracted fixing up another glitch where my buyer only selected bank deposit because ebay wouldn't let her pay by paypal.

I must admit, because I had cancelled the order, I was not expecting to find it. I was happy when I did and even more happy 2 minutes after resending the invoice they paid for it.The System is great and I think works well but can drive you a bit crazy when it has a hic up. Thank you for that I am glad it is sorted especially as it is a rather large order and I have it packed ready to go 😉

Message 30 of 43
Latest reply