Payment Holds

Thanks EBAY Your new "Payments on hold" if you dont have tracking!!!!! That is ridiculous my product is 1 single sheet of paper and posted as an untracked letter for $2.00.  Now you tell me I have to charge $9.30? for a tracked item. NOT everyone on Ebay sells items that can be considered a parcel. A rethink is definably needed otherwise will have to close my small business.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Payment Holds

eBay do not read here

This is a member to member forum

Nor will they know if you shut up shop, sorry to tell you but they simply will not notice

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Payment Holds

There are also tracked letters, cheaper than parcels of course.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Payment Holds

Just another way for Feebay to hold onto your money and guess what...make money on your money....This place is fast losing a number a people I know as a platform.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Payment Holds

Ebay does not make money from money on hold.   Just another myth spread by the uninformed.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Payment Holds

Interesting, if it as bad as you say why not stick to facts?

Surely there is enough real  'you know what'  to complain  about 

There should be no need to post nonsense about making money off holds

No, eBay do not make interest , no matter what some random said when they did not get the special treatment they expected

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Payment Holds

Large tracked envelopes, suitable for A4 are available from AP in packs of 10, postage is pre paid/included and from memory  cost $59    ($5.90 ea)

I use them for certain items, but the cost is either incorporated in item price or as postage cost, as are ebay fees, so the buyer meets the costs.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Payment Holds

I think you can also buy individual tracked envelopes, but if you are a seller buying more will save you money.

Ebay does not make money off payment holds. And it is nothing personal either, they do the same with ALL new or sporadic sellers.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Payment Holds

You think so do you? I know it for a FACT so before you shoot your useless comments out of your mouth you might want to have another look into things. How do I know? I know several people who work for the company and it is well known....and now have a reply do you? NO so goodnight

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Payment Holds

"Payments on hold" if you dont have tracking

That is absolute bull. At least 40% of my sales use non-tracked letters and those payments hit my bank account every Tuesday. As do the tracked ones.

There would seem to be more to the story than you are disclosing.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply