Payment on hold - back to facebook marketplace for me!

This is ridiculous. I sell items because I need the cash more than I need the item (who doesn't in this economy). I used eBay because I prefer the safety aspect, but if it means I have to wait a month for my money I may as well go back to Facebook marketplace & risk meeting weirdos in the Maccas carpark so I can get cash straight away. 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Each to their own.  Did you bother to read up on selling prior to listing after such a long time?  I am guessing NO

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, you do have a 30 day hold on funds like every other 'new' seller

Why did you believe that the terms you ticked you had 'read and understood' would not actually apply?

The policy has been in place for years and not hidden/a secret

Did you at least fully sign up for and be verified for Managed Payments before you sold, so you at least will  be paid after the hold period you agreed to?

Not much use telling other members, we know about holds and that they will apply to all of us who have not sold before or who have not sold in some time

And you do not 'have' to take any risks, that is your choice if you want to take risks 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

At least go to Hungry Jacks, their burgers are better.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

in this environment there are more buyers on marketplace anyway - i am going into my fourth year away from ebay and things have never been better - i even buy on ebay and resell on marketplace for higher cost - there are so many desperate sellers here who think this is THE only place to sell - I'm laughing all the way to the bank!

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Get ready for all the haggling / question-asking morons and the PayID / family-member-pickup scammers on Facebook Marketplace who are gonna waste your time.

I bet you'll be back to eBay within six months!

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@love_of_cars wrote:

Get ready for all the haggling / question-asking morons and the PayID / family-member-pickup scammers on Facebook Marketplace who are gonna waste your time.

I bet you'll be back to eBay within six months!

And the no shows as well.

A family member tried to give something away on marketplace,  and even than it took 6 attempts before someone showed.  Maybe he should have offered his credit card number with it

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Horses for courses. I have things on marketplace that eventually sell here.

If marketplace is so great why do you feel the need to post on the eBay boards?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

And the no shows as well.

Yes.  Same goes for Gumtree.  They almost always don't turn up and then don't respond to messages until long after the arranged meeting time to say they will reschedule but then never do.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply