Payment on hold, won't accept ID

I've had no problems with eBay before this, I think it's a fantastic platform.

Currently, I have two selling accounts and everything is fine with those, however I opened up a third one recently. Sold my first item but eBay is not accepting my ID, after numerous attempts and extremely clear photos of it. It gets rejected almost instantaneously. I've also sent my Medicare card in the same photo, still no go.

I don't drive, so just have a Proof of Age card, which has been fine in both current selling accounts, just not this one.

Impossible to contact eBay, which is one of the rare complaints that I do have. This is a hefty payout, so I need it sorted ASAP. Deadline is October 17th.

Thank you for any help!

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've been a buyer and seller since the early 2000s or so. Very few problems, if any, actually, that were caused by eBay. It's been a pleasure to buy and sell over the years.

This complete refusal to accept the ONLY documents that I can provide, to prove my identity, is a slap in the face. They must be doing it on purpose and laughing their bogan faces off. I've sent them a couple of messages today, in the same tone as this one.

I've been patient for two months but the fact that they're doing it on purpose... and spending my $3000 on beers or whatever the hell they're doing over there... is completely unfair. I'm clearly the rightful owner of the account. The item's sent, I can't do JACK SH*T about it. So, my $3000 is down the drain??!! **bleep**?!

What a POS company this is. After two decades of positivity, they can... S... My... D. If you catch my drift.

F*** them.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

This is the message it gives:

1.jpg

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

what ID are you trying to upload

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Proof of Age card, it's the closest that matches the available options. I've used it before and no problem, not sure why it's not working now.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

are you putting it in the driver's license space?

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Yeah and I've probably tried the passport space too - I've tried about 6 or 7 times with various combinations.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

go to HELP at top of page and contact an eBay rep by 'live chat'....good luck!

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

I've been a buyer and seller since the early 2000s or so. Very few problems, if any, actually, that were caused by eBay. It's been a pleasure to buy and sell over the years.

This complete refusal to accept the ONLY documents that I can provide, to prove my identity, is a slap in the face. They must be doing it on purpose and laughing their bogan faces off. I've sent them a couple of messages today, in the same tone as this one.

I've been patient for two months but the fact that they're doing it on purpose... and spending my $3000 on beers or whatever the hell they're doing over there... is completely unfair. I'm clearly the rightful owner of the account. The item's sent, I can't do JACK SH*T about it. So, my $3000 is down the drain??!! **bleep**?!

What a POS company this is. After two decades of positivity, they can... S... My... D. If you catch my drift.

F*** them.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Exactly the same for me. I have the WA Photo Card (previously Proof of Age). Valid until later this month - this is current, valid legal ID. I have been a registered EBay customer for >10 years with a perfect record. I wish I'd known about this in advance or I would never have listed with EB at all. I do not want to upload my ID in the first place, it's just a data breach waiting to happen. They didn't accept it but they damn well should have. And it's just some POS software, no human ever reviews it. The card expires this month but that's still weeks away, the ID *is* a valid, current, legal document. The page where you enter the details greys out the day of the month, so I can't enter the expiry date. Therefore it won't accept the ID. I uploaded photos of the front and rear of it, no response, no change, no nothing. This is bull**bleep**.

I now just want to send the buyer his money back, cancel the sale and never use EBay again. I've had enough, this wasn't worth doing. I wasn't that fussed whether I sold the item or not, now I have committed to send it but can't get paid for it. What a complete failure. I will not be using EB again, selling or buying, I don't want to be a customer of a place that does this. Unacceptable. I'd love to see a mass boycott by sellers until they fix this broken-ness.

Been attempting to contact help all day. No matter what time I attempt it the automated thing just tells me it's not available right now and repeats the contact times. Shows me the option to have ebay call me back but you can't click on it and there's no link to actually arrange this call.

So what are you supposed to actually do?

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

You have had 3 years to sign up for managed payments, and you wait until after you sell an item.   Thats a complete failure on your part,  don't blame Ebay,  but I guess that is easier then self reflection.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply