Paypal Reversed Payment

Buyer purchased on Thursday.  Paid with Paypal Friday.  My Sold Summary shows a reverse arrow under the Payment column. The View Paypal Transaction link shows payment has been reversed.

I checked my Paypal account and the payment has been refunded to buyer with a note stating  "Paypal reversed this payment due to a dispute or after review of the payment was complete.  The money has been returned to the seller's Paypal account."

I sent a message to my buyer asking if they were aware of this reversal but haven't heard back yet.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Paypal Reversed Payment

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I suppose that technically paypal has reversed the payment...but only because they could not get the money from the buyer.  They are hardly likely to tell you to post the item when they cannot get the money.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Paypal Reversed Payment

Buyer has now paid for their purchase through Paypal. Appears buyer was unaware of the confusion with the initial payment. Seems there was some problems paying with the phone!!!  So many unanswered questions here.

eBay manually refunded the FVF so looks like I will have to make another call to sort this out one more time. This has taken up far too much time already. Grrrr!!!!

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply