Paypal Reversed Payment

Buyer purchased on Thursday.  Paid with Paypal Friday.  My Sold Summary shows a reverse arrow under the Payment column. The View Paypal Transaction link shows payment has been reversed.

I checked my Paypal account and the payment has been refunded to buyer with a note stating  "Paypal reversed this payment due to a dispute or after review of the payment was complete.  The money has been returned to the seller's Paypal account."

I sent a message to my buyer asking if they were aware of this reversal but haven't heard back yet.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Paypal Reversed Payment

Could be the buyer has no funds in his accounts.

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Paypal Reversed Payment

Is that Paypal account, Bank account or Credit Card account.

Wouldn't that then be an e-cheque which takes 3-5 days to clear?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Paypal Reversed Payment

Just wonder if there's something hinky about the buyer & you've had a lucky escape providing you haven't posted as yet???

Whats their buying history like ie have they suddenly spent thousands??

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Paypal Reversed Payment

I have had a look at their recent buying activity and it  does not appear excessive.   Am still waiting to get a reply from buyer in response to my message yesterday.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Paypal Reversed Payment

It'll just be a credit card that is over the max

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Paypal Reversed Payment

Nope that isn't it.  Paypal say the payment would have been declined if credit card was over limit.  Still trying to sort this mess out. Paypal say it is not their doing and eBay say it is.

Can anyone please tell me where to find the Powerseller Help Number for eBay?

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Paypal Reversed Payment

Don't bother, looks like that's gone out the window too.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Paypal Reversed Payment

Have you heard from the buyer yet?

There is a number you can ring ebay on BUT no idea why Paypal are telling you to as nothing to do with them.Very odd.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Paypal Reversed Payment

No, no response from buyer.  Have just phone eBay again and to summarise.

They explained that because the payment was made (even though it was reversed), the system won't allow me to open an unpaid dispute. So, they have manually refunded the FVF but the item was still showing in my eBay summary as unpaid and eligible for an unpaid item case.

To get rid of this problem, as it will not just go away, I have been told to archive the sale. That way I can't see it in my eBay summary (out of sight, out of mind).  If I had tried to cancel the transaction (which I was reluctant to do), the system would have had a problem with the FVF as it had already been refunded manually.

Questioned about possible negative feedback from the buyer who could still come back, I have been told that eBay would look into any negative feedback left by this buyer as they had not paid for the item nor responded to requests for payment.

eBay still maintain that it was Paypal who reversed the payment.  I hope this is now at an end.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply