Paypal messages not showing send to address

I know this is a paypal problem but wondering if anyone else is having the same problem

Paypal messages are not showing 'send to' address. The address is showing in paypal but not the payment advice messages.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

yes, same here...you have to actually go into the transaction...it's a pain
Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

same issue here. 

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

same here. Also when they do show the address details the print is that small I struggle to read it. 

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

I sold an item this morning. Neither ebay nor Paypal gave an address. Had to send emails via ebay and Paypal to cover my bases in case they defected me for not sending immediately. The paypal notification said the buyer did not supply a shipping address.The buyer said this had never happened to her before.  How does everyone feel about the "new look" ebay notification.  Who ever sells an item in business and relies on another business to supply an address to send it to.  Does not make sense.

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

Same situation with me.

Given the number of commentson this issue then either (a) EBay have changed their systems, or the is a system glitch.

Either way, it would be nice if the EBay "powers-to-be" had the courtesy to acknowledge the situation and let their sellers know what is going on.  Surely not too much to ask? - but then again maybe it is.

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

Yep for me as well. Both ebay 'sold' email and paypal payment email not showing buyers address. Can still print postage label but like to know the address beforehand! Also just bought an item and the paypal receipt email also did not show my postal address. What the **bleep** is going on?? Not good enough ebay and paypal!!!!
Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

I got the normal paypal emails but the ebay sold emails were the new format.  I'd say the new format for ebay emails is an attempt to stop sales off ebay, but also to stop people sending to the wrong address.

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

I find these emails to be more of an annoyance than anything.
They are no more than an indication that something has sold and subsequently been paid for via PayPal.
You should NEVER rely on the address in the sold one because this address is from eBay and the address has not ad yet been validated by the buyer during checkout. Very risky to use this address.
The PayPal email should contain the validated shipping address if the buyer used PayPal to pay.
In any case you should ALWAYS use the sales record to derive the shipping address as this is the address that has been validated by the buyer during checkout no matter how they paid.
Personally I don't place too much credence on these emails other than pure notifications of a sale and subsequent payment.
I think it's risky business to use them for anything more.
Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

Only seeing the problem with some emails from Paypal.

Those sent from "service@paypal.com.au" aren't showing the address

but

Those sent from "Buyers Name via Paypal" have the address????

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 10 of 35
Latest reply