Paypal order cancellation from buyer, what does it mean?

moktah
Community Member

Hello everyone

I have received payment from two buyers through Paypal recently. The payment status for both is 'Completed', but next to their names, it says that their orders were cancelled. What does this mean? I've received no communication from Paypal or Ebay to let me know they had cancelled their orders, one of them I've already shipped. Is that the buyers requesting to cancel their orders and waiting for me to approve it? Or has Paypal already approved it meaning the buyers will inevitably receive their money back, leaving me out of pocket for one item?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Paypal order cancellation from buyer, what does it mean?

I just think that the best thing to do is ring Paypal to clarify.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

I just think that the best thing to do is ring Paypal to clarify.

I've never rang them before but I guess I'm going to have to if I want answers. Thanks for taking the time to reply ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I have always found paypal agents excellent to deal with over the phone, unlike quite a few ebay reps I have struck .....

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Just be prepared for the American accents when they answer the phone.  Although it is an Australian Freecall number you get connected to the USA.  I was a bit taken aback the first time I rang but they really are helpful and all the reps I have spoken to have been lovely and quite happy to chat while they are waiting for something to process (depending on what you need help with).

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply