Paypal requires immediate payment without combining postage

I'm being told by overseas buyers that if they attempt to BIN any of my items, Paypal requires immediate payment for each one and will not combine postage. This is extremely frustrating and is costing me sales. Cant see where or how to fix this.

Any tips?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Tell your buyers to put their items in the shopping cart and then request an invoice with combined postage.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal. I suggested that, but the chap in the UK says he's still being charged full postage per each item with no combining.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

If they request an invoice (via the cart) but don't pay, you can send an invoice with the correct postage amount.

It's not paypal requiring immediate payment, it's ebay. They're slowly rolling it out to all sellers. Some of us have had it for over a year already.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

EBay forced it on me over a year ago, even though I don't want immediate payment. I prefer buyers have the option of being able to combine postage. As already suggested, get your buyers to add the items to the cart and then request a total. Unfortunately, that doesn't work if they are using the app.

If they only have access to the app, suggest they use the desktop version through the browser on their phone/device (Chrome or Safari) and see if that works. If it doesn't, find out which items they want and revise one of the listings to include all the items they want. Don't forget to change the price and alter the weight and dimensions so the correct postage is calculated. 

Instead of ending the listings of the items you are adding to a single listing, you can revise them to make a new listing, so you don't lose that listing for nothing.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Maybe the BUYER has immediate payment set up in his preferences?
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Can buyers have that? Don't know why anybody would!

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

He was trying to pay on the app with his iPad, so that might have been the problem. Raises the question though, why is the app so pathetic?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Because it has cr in front of it 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply