People making trouble?

Hi,

I've got a question - does ebay have an automated system that crawls all over ebay, looking for items to remove?  Or is it nasty people (probably competitors) just reporting items to get them removed?

It has happened to me twice in the last 3 days and now I have a 1 day suspension on my account.  All up, it has happened about 6 times including this most recent time, and I'm wondering if ebay clocks up these "transgressions" and then will hit me with a full suspension once it reaches X times? 

Everything I sell, others sell, (PLENTY of listings from other sellers) seemingly with no problems, so that's what leads me to believe that it is someone causing trouble.

Any advice would be very helpful!  🙂

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: People making trouble?

ONE breach affects a seller adversely.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@bsal6160 wrote:

And just how then nappy does ebay know that some sellers are incorrectly listing items if it is not for some buyers (and probably competitor sellers) reporting them? SO they shouldnt be reported and just let them go on incorrectly listing their wares? Is that what you are saying?

Oh and its not sellers you report its the item they have listed and if a sellers items are continually reported for breaches of listing policy i would think they are not such an "innocent seller".

Sorry bsal, but it IS the seller you are reporting, via their item(s).  If someone has a miscategorised T shirt listed, for example, the T shirt does not get the strike, the SELLER does.  The T shirt does not know it is for sale and the T shirt did not list itself.

I hardly think miscategorisation or a duplicate listing done in error constitutes fraudulent behaviour.

As a matter of fact, fraud is "criminal deception or imposture".

Now, bsal, keeping this in mind, your previous post(s) on violation reporting is in fact either directly or indirectly accusing those particular sellers of criminal behaviour.  In 99% of cases, this would be an erroneous assumption on your part.

As I have stated in a previous post, there are some charlatans out there - just as there is in any B&M store.  But it is grossly unfair to gather all sellers under that particular umbrella.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

A erroneous assumption hey. So someone else was doing all the typing for the seller and hit the list button on their behalf and it wasnt actually the seller doing it? There is ample time for the seller to get the listing right.

The SELLER decides what catergory to list an item in, no-one else, and its the seller who duplicate lists an item (again refer first point).

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Seems very petty to me about the T-Shirt/Casual but as a buyer I realy don't think I would feel offended or ripped off as I seen the item in the photo's and the description would have been enough for me. Seems some just like to whinge and carry on as they have nothing better to do in their little lives. Report real violation yes but this?????

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@vassemike wrote:

Hi, it's probably a bit of both.  Ebay now have a policy that we are not allowed to duplicate listings, in other words you can't list one item in 2 separate listings like we used to do.  This is supposed to give all sellers an equal chance.  So every now & then we have some of ours removed by ebay as they have been accidentally listed when we already  had one going.  Apart from that, you will probably find there are also vindictive people out there who want to see your items removed.  We, the sellers are the ones who keep ebay going with fees etc, but we do not have the same rights as buyers which sucks!

Hello, I was actually prevented from listing two identical items. I just got a warning flash up when I tried to submit an it wouldn't process. I did the same as you, didn't realize I already had one listed and went to list another in all the hurry and excitement of listing as many things as possible with the 5000 free listings.

Thge items weren't actually identical, nor a variation of a particular style. Two different products from different suppliers, both coincidentally being called the same thing.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply