Photos Always with Red/Pink Cast : How to resolve?

nocafd
Community Member

Hi all

I stopped selling on ebay a while ago because it does not matter whether I use my phone or another camera, it does matter the location or the lighting, my photos always have a pink/red cast over them that makes the item not so visible, and for pink items, it's a nightmare.

I have in the past tried editing my photos in PS to give them a more green/yellow cast to try and compensate for this, but it has no effect.

It's not my browser, they appear red whether I use Firefox or Chrome. This is ruining my chances of sales.

Can anyone help?

thanks

nocafd

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nocafd
Community Member

The problem has been resolved in case anyone else spends two weeks trying to solve this. If I upload and create the listing in Chrome, and not Firefox, the listing is fine. If I create and upload in Firefox, the photos are pink in both Firefox AND Chrome.

thanks everyone for your input, such a  helpful community!

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Can you possibly post an example, so we have a better idea of what the problem is?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Take your photos outside in natural light if you dont have adequate lighting inside. Out of direct sunlight I find is usually best and google search for methods on how to adjust the different settings on your camera.

Also avoid bright light in front of you when taking the photos.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I don't know if this is what you mean, but Corel PaintShop Pro has a "Purple Fringe Fix" option...

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I used to have that problem with older phones and not enough light. Turning on the incandescent lighting inside actually made it worse. Try taking the photos outside in natural light.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Try adjusting your white balance.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

It may be the computer displaying the photos.  Connect an external TV/monitor to the notebook and compare displays.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Hi thanks,

I've tried taking in a room in daylight, nice clean light, and the issue is still the same. I can't photograph outside, many of my items are clothes on a mannequin that hangs on a wall.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Hi,

thanks, I don't have that sofware, but good to know.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Hi,

thanks for your reply. It's not just photos on the phone. I've also tried a DSLR and a Prosumer camera, the results are the same.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply