Picasa to Resize My Pics

I have used Picasa to Resize my pics for eBay but now many are being rejected as they don't meet eBay requirements and I can't seem to get it right.  Can someone who uses or knows Picasa advise me please on how to resize my pics to suit eBay for my Sales Listings.  Thank you

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Picasa to Resize My Pics

I had to go and find the originals or take all new pics which is taking me a long time. I mostly took new pics which was good in one way as I bought a u beaut camera and now images are crisp and clearer. But the downside is I had to wait or still have  to  wait until that plant flowers again or looks awesome again to recapture its beauty. I also changed the settings on picassa so it doesnt scale down my photos too much. If I use original size, they take ages to upload. The only other way when Im in a hurry and it depends on what your items are I used small images of flowers and collaged them after cropping them in SQUARE CD cover crop..That makes them fit the whole thumbnail space provided by ebay e.g  I suspect this is not allowed as it has a border  but I havent had a problem yet( touch wood). Hope this helps not knowing your product...Lou

desert rose.jpg

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Picasa to Resize My Pics

Thank you for your detailed input Lou, I appreciate it.  I am able to take very clear and crisp images without a hassle but I am having trouble with eBay accepting my images so maybe you can explain to me what setting you use in Picasa to resize to a size that is acceptable to eBay.  You say you changed the settings but can tell me what settings you use please.  Thank you so much.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Picasa to Resize My Pics

I take my photos on the cameras most base setting, that way they don't take to upload.  Then resize them to 1600 by 1600 using photo software.  No problems at all with uploading.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Picasa to Resize My Pics

Before you export your pics from picasa to your folders you will firstly see on the right side, options. Just check that your photos are correct to begin with..Nothing under 500 x . when you go to export your photo you will see options to either keep original size or to resize...Sometime I keep original size if I have cropped it  but generally l stick to 1600

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Picasa to Resize My Pics

Thank you....

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Picasa to Resize My Pics

Thank you Lou, I have been doing this but they have suddenly started to reject...I'll try some more
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Picasa to Resize My Pics

Is Picasa exporting the pictures in an ebay-friendly format such as jpeg, tif, png etc?

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply