Pickup Only

WHY can't you say instead of Pickup : Free - say Pickup and the State ie Pickup : Qld . NSW . etc that way you don't have to open the item to see where it is being sold from.  Makes sense to me 🙂

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Pickup Only

Most sellers of pick-up items are unlikely to do that, at best they'll put their postcode in the title of the listing. but if you use "advanced search" you can put in your own distance limits.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Pickup Only

That would be up to the seller as to how they word the heading. Some simply choose not to, some may run out of characters and are not willing to pay extra for a subtitle to include it

others may figure anyone interested will open the listing to read the item description before bidding / buying (makes sense to me)

One could also ask why buyers can't change the  'item location' from default to within x amount of km from their post code when searching. Easy 

Just putting the state does not really give much idea when it comes to pick up items

QLD, the item might be in Brisbane, Cairns,etc etc etc

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Pickup Only

@jillian_maree wrote:

WHY can't you say instead of Pickup : Free - say Pickup and the State ie Pickup : Qld . NSW . etc that way you don't have to open the item to see where it is being sold from.  Makes sense to me 🙂

Quite agree. It's in the postage part making it ambiguous.

It has confused buyers, thinking it's free postage but is only free because it's pick up only.

Many of us have made suggestions to eBay that when a seller lists pick up only there should be a provision to enter the postcode.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Pickup Only

Yes... Even having something like Pickup : cost N/A would probably avoid most of the ambiguity that results from the word "free".

However, eBay isn't likely to change it, since it wouldn't be a two-steps-backwards glitch-engendering change.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Pickup Only

ebay is poorly setup for "pickup only" option.

you will find issues with the system  missing options or only suited to delivery.

when a buyer can still open item not received dispute. and tracking is requested

ebay robots

buyer think free pickup means they can demand postage after not reading.

buyers who comit to buy then dont show up or pay

a slow back and forth with ebay "help" the only way to fix

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply