Plz help, what should i do?

I have a buyer who asked for my phone number to pay into my bank account cause they dont have paypal, is that safe, should i go ahead with it, he/she only been member for couple of months but i'd like to sell this item though.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes that is safe if you wish to be paid this way,but let them know that you won't be sending the item until you have cleared funds in your bank account.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Paying into your bank account is safe for you (the buyer loses the protection Paypal affords) but I don't understand why they want your phone number. You can give them your BSB, acccount name and number etc via eBay's message system. I'd be just a bit concerned about harassment by phone if the sale goes bad for any reason.

Marina.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I would have no problem giving them my bank details and if they want to do it over the phone then I am happy to oblige as they can get my number anyway by using advanced search so not giving them the number would not prevent them contacting you that way. If they are fairly new then they may feel more reassured if they speak to you in person, if they do ring you then perhaps you could tactfully tell them how vulnerable they are paying without the protection of Paypal.

If you aren't happy giving them your bank details they can have mine! They are in the description in every item I list.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply