Policy Updates - Clueless examples

Ebay has "updated" policies re key word spamming etc

My god who does the research to inform the examples they use.  So out of touch with Australian Fashion it does my head in

Cut and paste from revised policy ...

Including multiple brand names in a title when they describe a subsidiary of a parent company

For example, you may not say "G2 by George Gross" in your title.

The label is branded (and likely trademarked)  G2byGeorge Gross you fools ....

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Policy Updates - Clueless examples

Grrrrr... the more I think about it, the more cross I get...

Will ebay remove the negative or low DSR for not as described when I sell a Stella McCartney by Target  - as a Stella McCartney, because of their ridiculous policy (for those not familiar with fashion a Stella mcCartney can cost 10 - 20 times more than a garment from her Target line.

FGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

upset-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Good thing that any clothes I have are only good for rags when I finish with them. If that.

I'll stick to books.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Yup, G2byGeorgeGross trademarked:    so sellers will get a policy violation for using a trademarked brandname because ebay have not done their homework, and have no bluddy idea of what constitutes an Australian brand name in any case.

G2 BY GEORGE GROSS with trademark number 588985 was lodged on 23/10/1992 and has a status of Registered/Protected. The applicant/owner of the trademark is registered as George Gross & Harry Who Design Company Pty Ltd (ACN: 008074744). The current company name for ACN 008074744 is GEORGE GROSS & HARRY WHO DESIGN COMPANY PTY. LTD.. Business names for this company include GEORGE GROSS HARRY WHO, HARRY WHO BOUTIQUE, HARRY WHO DESIGNS, X : TRA.

brand.jpg

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I was looking at the keyword spamming policy today (trying to clarify something so I don't risk another slap Smiley LOL ) and - unless I'm missing something and aside from the fact they changed G2 by George Gross to Old Navy by Gap - it's completely contradictory about this. o_O

Under "Allowed" it has:

• Multiple brand names in the title when they describe a product line of a company.
    For example, "Miu Miu by Prada" would be allowed.

Then under "not allowed"

• Including multiple brand names in a title when they describe a subsidiary of a parent company
      For example, you may not say "Old Navy by Gap" in your title.

Miu Miu is a subsidiary of Prada. Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I know it is off-topic but the habit of jamming several English words together to make up a title, logo or whatever really gets up my nose. I understand the necessity for an internet address line but other than that, it is just annoying. Words are separated for a reason!! We aren't all German.

"Padches? We ain't got no padches. We don't need no padches. I don't have to show you any stinking padches".
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for noting that DG.

Thats a win that they removed the G2 by George Gross though - but sad that they can't get it right and in the process have created contradictory information.

I have to say that I am very pleased, it goes to show that posters can get some tiny tweaks happening in some ebay areas.

After I posted the thread, I  spoke to a very helpful ebay rep, who invited me to send through the discussion thread link with the "evidence" and she undertook to pass onto their policy team so they could review and amend the information if warranted. 

I did undertake to the ebay rep that I would add other Australian Brands that use both designer and line in branding, to this thread - where the rule would be incorrect as well.

Might get my skates on and start to follow up on finding evidence to support getting other brands off the key spamming fashion brand list.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply