Postage Time DSR should be an automatic 5 if Click & Sending

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many sellers cop low DSR's for Postage Time simply because a buyer confuses it with 'delivery time'.

If a seller uses Click & Send ( or a similar online trackable system ) and has the item scanned in at a post office within the stated handling time then I believe the Postage Time DSR should become an automatic DSR of 5.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Postage Time DSR should be an automatic 5 if Click & Sending

sparkes9669
Community Member

Basing it on when the item is scanned may have some merrit, but how do you get ebay and Australia post to work together to make this idea work?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is already a talking between software when the ebay record is updated by click and send with the initial tracking number. Perhaps another update can occur when the initial scan occurs. Not sure about these things. Just trying to see a future where the buyer's misperception can't unfairly influence DSR's.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Not sure about these things. Just trying to see a future where the buyer's misperception can't unfairly influence DSR's.

All customer service "polls" ae based on perception, not facts. For example, when you finish talking to [insert company here] and they ask you to do that short survey... they are not asking whether the person really DID give you good helpful service, nor how fast they served you... they are asking how you FEEL.

That is the extremely important thing to understand. The system has nothing to do with "facts"... that postage DSR is not designed to rank sellers based on their actual posting time. It is intended to find out what the buyers feel the service was like.

Because at the end of the day, and in a overall global sense it's all about buyers and how they feel, and making buyers feel good is what makes success in retail sales.

Therefore, the challenge for many sellers is to work out how to improve the customer's perception of the transaction. If you can do that, then you don't need to improve your service levels.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

and they ask you to do that short survey... they are not asking whether the person really DID give you good helpful service, nor how fast they served you... they are asking how you FEEL.

That is the extremely important thing to understand. The system has nothing to do with "facts"... that postage DSR is not designed to rank sellers based on their actual posting time. It is intended to find out what the buyers feel the service was like.

Because at the end of the day, and in a overall global sense it's all about buyers and how they feel, and making buyers feel good is what makes success in retail sales.

Therefore, the challenge for many sellers is to work out how to improve the customer's perception of the transaction. If you can do that, then you don't need to improve your service levels.

All of that is precicesly why I don't have a problem with the DSR system in and of itself, but have a HUGE problem with it being treated as tangible evidence of bad service. I just don't understand why DSRs - a general overview of buyer perception - became what it has, and with no accountability for those that can drastically affect a business based on perception and not facts.

That being said, I agree with your main point, that is sellers have the majority influence over/responsibility for how a transaction is perceived and (then) ultimately evaluated.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Agree with termalert in its essence and if it's used correctly. Also agree that alot of buying is about perception. We can only try to give the best service possible and hope it's perceived well.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...I once imagined a seller as a voluptuous young maiden laying in a field waiting for me and my picnic basket.

Turns out she was really a bloke and boy did I trash his DSR's.
It was, after all, his fault for manipulating my perception using a photo of a bikini clad girl as an avatar.

Forget 'perception' where Postage Time is concerned.

If it can be established that a seller posted within the stated handling time then it should be an automatic 5.

This can be established by software chatter.

Please bear in mind that my OP is concerned with Postage Time.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

perception can help when you process a click and send payment on friday night even though it will go on monday, as then it is marked off as shipped and given a tracking number that day, whereas if you wait until monday in hindsight the buyer will see it 3 days later, without even factoring in business days

reality is the poor cousin to perception, and why salespeople wear suits.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Not really answering your question here, but just wanted to share a recent involvement with DSR's. I sold an item to a buyer and they lived close so we organised to meet at a mutual location. I was there promptly on time, before the buyer actually arrived. We did the sale personally. I left positive feedback for the buyer. I recieved positive feedback from the buyer, but he marked down my Postage Time & Communication DSR's...Go Figure!!:^O

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

This should be the case when uploading any tracking information within 24 hours. We mail everything by registered post, everything pais by mid afternoon is posted the same day, anything else the following. Our lowest dsr's are always postage time! If it is not automated, considering Ebay allow buyers through the dsr's system to affect our income as sellers, they should provide the man power for us to be able to provide online tracking within 24 hours and have low dsr removed! Where else in the world can one effect another's business (by effectively half locking their doors) with out being accountable for doing so?
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply