Postage charges ripp off

Sold an item today for $11, buy in in Europe. I charged them only hte postage cost, not for packaging. POst cost is $19. I get charged $1.20 for selling the item and $2.07 for the postage cost.

I know this is what ebay do, but it is so unfair that I get charged this when I did not overcharge on postage...Such a rip off. after al fees & charges ebay & paypal I have made $6.45 on an item I sold for $11.00!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Postage charges ripp off

@jlw007licencedtoshop wrote:

Sold an item today for $11, buy in in Europe. I charged them only hte postage cost, not for packaging. POst cost is $19. I get charged $1.20 for selling the item and $2.07 for the postage cost.

I know this is what ebay do, but it is so unfair that I get charged this when I did not overcharge on postage...Such a rip off. after al fees & charges ebay & paypal I have made $6.45 on an item I sold for $11.00!

savvy sellers aren’t out of pocket due to fees on shipping by factoring in a handling charge into their items to cover the fees on shipping.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Postage charges ripp off

I use my own packaging, recycled.

On the Tupperware item, lets say you wanted 11 for it then I would have listed it for 15 with postage of 10.

Would still have sold IMO.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Postage charges ripp off

happened to me a couple of times. So I raised the prices of all our items. It would affect sales, but it would minimise loss via postage.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Postage charges ripp off

i do the same too, add a few dollars on our items. I would give discount to those who pick up the items from our store.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Postage charges ripp off

I wouldn't want to bother with the potential hassle of international postage for an $11 sale (gross).
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply