Postage cost

Hi everyone,

I have just sold an item and the options I have for postage is: 1)Free and 2)express for $7.45

The buyer has selected express and it has charged them only $4. 

Now I'm a bit confused as how this has happen as they select the postage option they want and ebay adds the cost automatically. 

I'm a bit hesitant asking for more money, because as far as they are concerned they have selected the option and paid the bill presented. I don't want neg feedback 

This is on an item I have had for sale for a while and have sold many already. 

Am I doing something wrong or is this  possible an ebay technical error? 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Postage cost

If you offer free post, your item will be listed as an ebay plus item (as long as it meets all other requirements).

If an ebay plus member then buys the item, they can upgrade from  Free Standard Post  -  Express Post

for  $4   rather than selecting your express option price.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Postage cost

Thank you for this explanation.

I will be changing this so it doesn't qualify ASAP as $4 does not even cover Australia Post express cost, not to mention the % fee that still comes out of this $4 too. 

Thangs again, 

Chris

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Postage cost

I would either remove the Express option or charge the minimum of $1.10, assuming  you're sending in a standard envelope.

Alternatively, if you want to continue offering free shipping, as well as Express shipping, then raise your price of your items by a dollar or so to offset  Ebay Plus buyers who will occasionally get the benefit of Express shipping at a reduced cost.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply