Postage materials

Where do people buy their postage materials from? The AusPost stores don't have much range and was wondering if there are any good shops in the Melbourne area.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Postage materials

I use Click n Send so I have to have AP bags and boxes. I buy the bags on ebay from AP and I order the boxes in bulk from my local AP Office. Most times they have what I need and sometimes they order it in for me. I get bubble wrap from a warehouse/factory in Sydney Rd Campbellfield. One has to buy the whole roll and it is taller than I am but they will cut it into sections for you. From memory the last roll I purchased cost around $80.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

eBay

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Click & send satchels for outer packaging.

Ziplock bags and tissue paper on ebay or from other sites after trawling multiple sites to find the cheapest. I usually buy enough to last a couple of years at a time so get them relatively cheap.

Cardboard, packing peanuts and bubblewrap can usually be found for nothing if you chat up the staff at the delivery dock of big stores!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

There are many sellers on eBay that sell the padded bags for reasonable cheap prices if you purchase them in bulk. Around 10-25c each depending on the size and quantity.

I vouch for EBpackaging if you can find them on ebay.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I am ambivalent about their bubblewrap. Very light grade plastic, which makes it hard to cut off the roll as it collapses on itself.

It does, once cut, do the job, and I may well pruchase from them again when I need some.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Yes I use EBpackaging for my cardboard Envelopes about $24 for 50 cheaper if you buy more.. Bubble wrap I usulaay get from Officeworks 3 x 25 metre roles by 375mm wide for $30 Padded Envelopes oz3cplaza Doesnt have a store but very reliable 50 for $13 They are 180 by 150 mm larger sizes might be available..

Paddy

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for the answers.

Is there anything that has the protective qualities of bubble wrap but is slightly thinner? Or is there even thinner bubble wrap?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

HI we get our bubble wrap from an ebay seller (ozhut). We purchases it one day and get it the next with free shipping.

Example 500x100m =$32.99 .Tape 48mmx75m 6pack=$19.00 free shipping.Always very happy with there service.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Regarding protective material thinner than bubble wrap--I've seen foam sheets/rolls used, but am unsure where to buy it nowadays.  Maybe a seller who sells moving supplies might have it.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply